Please update mono to a more recent version

Mono is a software platform designed to allow developers to easily create cross platform applications. Sponsored by Xamarin, Mono is an open source implementation of Microsoft's .NET Framework based on the ECMA standards for C# and the Common Language Runtime. A growing family of solutions and an active and enthusiastic contributing community is helping position Mono to become the leading choice for development of Linux applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

ShaMana
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Please update mono to a more recent version

Post by ShaMana »

It is required for several other apps to work. Please update mono
itdaboyz

Re: Please update mono to a more recent version

Post by itdaboyz »

+1 !
And a working version this time...
jutski

Post by jutski »

We need a more recent version with BTLS support compiled in to support TLS 1.2.
Ragtag

Post by Ragtag »

Is mono going to get updated soon?
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

I felt I had to register for this sole purpose. I upgraded mono the other day to a release done this summer and now jackett/sonarr indexers don't work due to:

Jackett.Common.IndexerException: Exception (idopeclone): The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.) ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.EndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00049] in /root/asustor/trunk/trunk_g3/source/mono-5.8.1.0/mcs/class/Mono.Security/Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls/RecordProtocol.cs:434
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.SafeEndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult ar, System.Boolean ignoreEmpty) [0x00000] in /root/asustor/trunk/trunk_g3/source/mono-5.8.1.0/mcs/class/Mono.Security/Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls/SslClientStream.cs:256
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.NegotiateAsyncWorker (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00071] in /root/asustor/trunk/trunk_g3/source/mono-5.8.1.0/mcs/class/Mono.Security/Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls/SslClientStream.cs:418
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.EndNegotiateHandshake (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00033] in /root/asustor/trunk/trunk_g3/source/mono-5.8.1.0/mcs/class/Mono.Security/Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls/SslClientStream.cs:397
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0000c] in /root/asustor/trunk/trunk_g3/source/mono-5.8.1.0/mcs/class/Mono.Security/Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls/SslStreamBase.cs:101

Is this getting updated any time soon or do I need to switch to a NAS that is actually being maintained?

Hi everyone. Mono was updated already. It's in Beta Apps because we are having difficulties with a third party app, namely Zappiti server. Putting it in Beta Apps allows us to have two simultaneous versions while we figure out how to deal with this third party app. I already said this.
Attachments
MONO2.PNG
MONO2.PNG (301.02 KiB) Viewed 8750 times
ShaMana

Post by ShaMana »

Sadly after updating Mono to the beta version it didn't make a single bit of difference. Mainly jacket still doesn't function properly. And some other apps fail in some of their services like radarr
ShaMana

Post by ShaMana »

OK, update. I deleted the ASUSTOR Jackett app and installed it via Docker... Now jackett seems to function properly. I don't know why or how. I'll try to install everything else like that as well
njhorn

Post by njhorn »

Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:
I felt I had to register for this sole purpose. I upgraded mono the other day to a release done this summer and now jackett/sonarr indexers don't work due to:

Jackett.Common.IndexerException: Exception (idopeclone): The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.) ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.EndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00049] in /root/asustor/trunk/trunk_g3/source/mono-5.8.1.0/mcs/class/Mono.Security/Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls/RecordProtocol.cs:434
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.SafeEndReceiveRecord (System.IAsyncResult ar, System.Boolean ignoreEmpty) [0x00000] in /root/asustor/trunk/trunk_g3/source/mono-5.8.1.0/mcs/class/Mono.Security/Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls/SslClientStream.cs:256
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.NegotiateAsyncWorker (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00071] in /root/asustor/trunk/trunk_g3/source/mono-5.8.1.0/mcs/class/Mono.Security/Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls/SslClientStream.cs:418
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslClientStream.EndNegotiateHandshake (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00033] in /root/asustor/trunk/trunk_g3/source/mono-5.8.1.0/mcs/class/Mono.Security/Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls/SslClientStream.cs:397
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x0000c] in /root/asustor/trunk/trunk_g3/source/mono-5.8.1.0/mcs/class/Mono.Security/Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls/SslStreamBase.cs:101

Is this getting updated any time soon or do I need to switch to a NAS that is actually being maintained?

Hi everyone. Mono was updated already. It's in Beta Apps because we are having difficulties with a third party app, namely Zappiti server. Putting it in Beta Apps allows us to have two simultaneous versions while we figure out how to deal with this third party app. I already said this.

Hi Marco,
I see you mention the Mono beta version, and I have installed that but still have the same problem with TLS connections and Radarr. This is because y'all have given us a version of mono without TLS 1.2 (BTLS) support compiled in. Radarr now does not work because the TMDB website it uses to search for information on movies has removed support for TLS 1.0 and only allows BTLS/TLS 1.2 now. Jackett is in a similar situation, and Sonarr will soon have the same problem when TVDB removes TLS 1.0 support. Please please please give us a Mono version with BTLS options in it!
dkobelak

Post by dkobelak »

njhorn wrote:
Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:

Hi Marco,
I see you mention the Mono beta version, and I have installed that but still have the same problem with TLS connections and Radarr. This is because y'all have given us a version of mono without TLS 1.2 (BTLS) support compiled in. Radarr now does not work because the TMDB website it uses to search for information on movies has removed support for TLS 1.0 and only allows BTLS/TLS 1.2 now. Jackett is in a similar situation, and Sonarr will soon have the same problem when TVDB removes TLS 1.0 support. Please please please give us a Mono version with BTLS options in it!
I have the same issue now with Radarr now.. TLS 1.0 support was just removed and the app does not function properly anymore.. please provide us with the latest Mono update! Having mono updates should be a regular thing..
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

Hi! Mono will be updated within the next couple of weeks. The IT Team is currently aware of the issue and is currently testing 5.18 for compatibility issues with other apps. Stay tuned!

Return to “Mono”