Problem with the AMD 3.1.7 update

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

basmeyer
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Problem with the AMD 3.1.7 update

Post by basmeyer »

Coming from 3.1.5.RJ4 which is working fine on our AS6202T I received the update notification for 3.1.7.RKE1

This the first update that I encounter problems with.
The update process gets stuck at the second step, "Preparing the update" (translating from Dutch).
The progress bar is on 33%.
I left the unit on overnight because I still saw activity, one of the drive (the right one) was blinking occasionally. And the message "DO NOT turn of the NAS during the update process" is very clear on this.
The next morning the unit was in a standby state, making no sound any more and only one now orange colored power LED.
So pressed the power key, resulting in the NAS getting active again. Then it commenced the update process, but still being stuck at ste same stage.

Then I made the NAS reboot and luckily it did, and was back alive again at ADM 3.1.5 immediately after (sigh).

Anyone having the same problem? I will post a ticket to Asustor Support after.

Will stay away from further updating unless there is a really good reason to do so, like a big improvement or new feature that absolutely benefits us.

Not recommending the update.
Attachments
IMG_0852.PNG
IMG_0852.PNG (1.04 MiB) Viewed 2402 times
MonsMagnus

Re: Problem with the AMD 3.1.7 update

Post by MonsMagnus »

I had no problem updating my 6202t. But I always update it manually instead of depending on it download the update across the internet.

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”