apt-get

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

richardpoyner
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

apt-get

Post by richardpoyner »

The question that has me feeling like a complete idiot is; is there something special I need to do to turn on (apt-get - apt-key) commands?
I keep getting a command not found.
This is while attempting it with a root user using "wget -qO - https://repo.ombi.turd.me/pubkey.txt | sudo apt-key add -".

Can anyone suggest what I might be missing? Is there other information that I need to supply to troubleshoot this? I know it is probably something stupid...

Please advise and thank you in advance.

PS I did search prior to asking, I got 0 results.

Thanks again
orion

Re: apt-get

Post by orion »

NAS OS is not a standard Linux distribution. It's an embedded system, rather than open system. Try virtual box to install another Ubuntu system.
father.mande

Re: apt-get

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Alternative to V.M. can be :

Entware (APKG available in App. Center or in forum) ... use a package manager name opkg (similar to apt-get but limited to the (long) list of software supported by OpenWRT
chroot (Ubuntu or Debian ... if using apt-get is your target)
... in this chroot you can use apt-get ... just remember that chroot share kernel & modules with A.D.M. so you cant' add easily missing modules AND you can't change the kernel configuration ALSO network is shared ... so you must take care of port used ... and change value to avoid conflict.

You can also on some model use chroot in isolation namespace (so with private network (or shared) to have better isolation ... but kernel and modules are always shared ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Meet and Greet”