FTP issue

FTP Explorer is an FTP client that allows your ASUSTOR NAS to directly connect to and transfer files from FTP sites. Its intuitive interface is able to display the connected FTP site's file and directory structure allowing you to transfer files via drag and drop. FTP Explorer supports resuming downloads, the deleting of remote files, an FTP site manager and also FTPS connections which allow you to enjoy secure file transfers.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Iamroot
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

FTP issue

Post by Iamroot »

Hi,
I asking your help.
Since the last update of FTP explorer, I can't download anything.
I got the same error : Access denied to remote ressource (550)

Can someone can help me please ?
orion

Re: FTP issue

Post by orion »

Mine is working fine. I believe you need to check access rights on your local NAS and the remote server.
Iamroot

Post by Iamroot »

Hi Orion,
Thank you for your answer.
The rights are ok on the server (I can dowload from my laptop)
Can you explain how to change check the rights on the NAS please ?

It's really strange, everythings was working fine before the last update of ADM + ftp explorer :(
orion

Post by orion »

Ok, it seems that you are trying to download from a ftp server to NAS.
If you login to ADM web page with a user, called "A", and you want to download to NAS to a shared folder, called "folder_1", you'll need to check if user "A" can write the "folder_1": ADM web page -> Access Control -> Shared Folders -> select "folder_1" -> Access Rights -> user "A" with RW.
lethal

Post by lethal »

Hi,

I've also been having this issue since the last ADM update. (Was working fine before the update)
Have checked the permissions on both the NAS and the remote FTP site but get a 550 error everytime I try to download a file.

Has anybody found a solution?
Thanks
orion

Post by orion »

lethal wrote:Hi,

I've also been having this issue since the last ADM update. (Was working fine before the update)
Have checked the permissions on both the NAS and the remote FTP site but get a 550 error everytime I try to download a file.

Has anybody found a solution?
Thanks
If your settings are all right, I think you should report this issue to asustor. http://support.asustor.com/
lethal

Post by lethal »

I think I may have found the issue.
After testing with a couple of FTP server configurations it seems the Asustor FTP Client is sending the wrong path in the GET request if the FTP user is not in a chroot jail.

If the FTP user is not chrooted the client misses the leading '/' in the request.

For example my FTP server logs where showing:
pure-ftpd: (user@x.x.x.x) [INFO] Can't change directory to home/user/Downloads: No such file or directory
(The correct path in this case is /home/user/Downloads)

Turning on the chroot for the user fixes the issue.
Hopefully a future update of the FTP client will fix this, but in the meantime anybody having this issue might want to check the chroot on the FTP server.
Iamroot

Post by Iamroot »

Hi,
thanks for you answers !
But i don't have the control of the remote FTP, it's a corporate usage.
After i opened a ticket on the : https://support.asustor.com/ in April.
There is still nothing new.
I really thinking to change brand...

Regards,
Iamroot.
Iamroot

Post by Iamroot »

Hi,
just to give you some news...
I opened the ticket #15593 in April 17' about this issue.
We are now the 22 April 18', still no answer.
Does anyone have any contact with the support or can I put this nas in the trash?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Don't have any contact with support ... and I don't use ftpexplorer
... if you are not put off by command line, you can use other FTP client (ex. inside Entware apkg)
... .. some like lftp (I use it when I can't use another more secure and performing protocol than FTP) are some advantage
... ... ... easy scripting (so you can prepare FTP request and also manage to use it in bash mode if needed)
... ... ... easy configuration , including the split mode (when server is able) ... it's for large file the capability to create n parallel transfer each for a part of the file (basic FTP use only a small part 25% of the bandwidth available) ... also are include some "mirroring" function for folder (delete on target now non existent files, etc.)

... If you can change the insecure FTP protocol ... and have ssh / sftp server on the target system ... using sftp can add a high level of security (up to keys control) and better performance ...

... If you want a Web Interface ... you can try Net2ftp APKG an alternative to FTPExplorer

... if you use Asportal ... you can use Fillezilla (even a little outdated but working)

I don't know you real usage and target ... so I can't have a better approach ... it's just to try to don't only be stopped by support response time ... but proposing you to try some potential workaround (or not).

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “FTP Explorer”