Kodi 2nd User

Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub \

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Claus
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Kodi 2nd User

Post by Claus »

Hi There,

I would like to install a second user on my Kodi and would like to have the choice of which user is logging in when I start Kodi.

So far there is no problem to install a second user but when I start Kodi and the login screen appears there is no more possibility to access the app nor with the remote control of my AS5002T neither with the mobile app Yatse, which I normally use to control the Kodi. After this, the only way is to deinstall Kodi and install it new withot activating the login screen.

I opened a ticket at Asustor and they wrote me the following:

"KODI app is one of our ASUSTOR Portal Apps which allow user to launch/use it via HDMI interface, so it can not be set to the user account login style like ADM interface."

I even can´t access Kodi via HDMI, i.e. my TV remote control.

My question now: has anybody a workaround that allows to use Kodi with several different user-profiles on an Asustor NAS?

Regards
Claus
MikeG.6.5

Re: Kodi 2nd User

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Just install Plex Media Server and Plex Media Player V2 on your NAS and be done with it. (Find PMPV2 in Father.Mande's developer's corner in 3rd party apps sub-forums.)

This type of functionality is exactly what Plex does very well. The best thing is, for the functionality you want, you don't need to pay for a Plex Pass. (You just can't use Fast User Switching, or Plex Home features. Those require a Plex Pass.)

Return to “Kodi”