EZ connect drives disappear

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mcharmsen
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

EZ connect drives disappear

Post by mcharmsen »

Hi forum,
I use the AS3102T with 2x 10TB Seagate Irongate NAS drives. I have EZ connect installed and mapped two drives with EZ connect. However, after about an hour the 'connnection' with my NAS is lost (that's all at home, in the local network) and also the drives appear as 'unmounted'. If I reboot the NAS via the ASUSTOR control center, I can reconnect the EZ connector, but again it disappears after an hour or so. Funny thing is, that if I click an unmounted drive and select menu option 'Edit', the drive and directory structure does show up, but reconnecting is impossible. While this mishap occurs with EZ connect, other functionalities such as FileFlex and Netdrive 3 keep working normally, also drives that are mapped directly from the ASUSTOR control center are 'stable'. Who can tell how to solve these drives/NAS that keep disappearing in EZ connect?
many tnx, Marco Harmsen
orion

Re: EZ connect drives disappear

Post by orion »

I'm used to mapping drive through Windows native function "Map Network Drive". No issues so far. If it's only happened in AEC tool, I think you should report it to asustor. https://support.asustor.com/
mcharmsen

Re: EZ connect drives disappear

Post by mcharmsen »

Thank you. As a matter of fact, I'm discussing on 'support.asustor.com' right now. But so far no solutions have popped up: I was told to rename my Cloud ID, but I ran into the same problems again. Seems that AEC requires thorough upgrading. Indeed, I now map drives via the ASUSTOR control center (within LAN) and use NetDrive 3 to map WebDav and ftp drives from outside my home.

Return to “Meet and Greet”