AS1002T or AS-302T ?

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

eldy123
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS1002T or AS-302T ?

Post by eldy123 »

Hi,

I have a Netgear ReadyNAS Duo v1 with 2 x WD20EARS 2TB Caviar Green hard drives in RAID mode (about 6 years old)

I use this NAS to store my data and record video from my 3 Trendnet POE outdoor cameras (IP310). I don't do any streaming.

I'm looking to update my setup so I can have cloud functionality to access my data over my mobile phone/tablet when travelling via the apps

I have come across 2 Asus NAS drives which seem to offer this at similar price points - AS1002T and the AS-302T.

I understand that the AS1002T is a newer lower end model and that the AS302T is a higher spec but an older model

I actually quite like the look of the AS302T as it has a hdmi port.

Am I right in thinking I can hook it directly to TV and use Surveillance Station to view my trendent cameras ?

Also is it still worth purchasing the AS302T as I understand that it has reached end of life ? It wont be supported by new ADM updates?

To keep costs down I will also be looking to transfer my current WD hard drives over. Will they be supported?
MikeG.6.5

Re: AS1002T or AS-302T ?

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

The 302T is an older model and the support for the HDMI is non-existent. Intel stopped releasing the drivers for it, and as apps moved on, driver support was outgrown. This is a problem with Intel, though... Everyone making these CPU NASes suffered the same fate, not just Asustor...

You have to be extremely careful moving drives from an existing system, to ensure you don't wipe the data on them. Not all drives are set up the same across brands. And if I had something I couldn't live without, I certainly wouldn't put it into a NAS without drives already initialized for that system. Most manufacturers have their own proprietary initialization system, so what works in NetGear probably won't work in Asustor.... You are going to be a lot better off putting new drives into the new NAS. They are likely to last longer and be a bit faster when it comes to transfer rates, etc.

You are also going to have to check how many camera licenses are available for the NAS you get. Some models have more licenses than others. You can get that info from Asustor's product pages for each model, I think.

At this point in time, I wouldn't get a 30x model unless it was gifted to me. While the ADM is currently kept up to date, we don't have any indication how much longer that will be the case. And there are faster, more capable systems out there for the same price points.

For your use case, the 100x might be a good fit, but you may want to look into the 620x for the beefier CPU. It's CPU is about 4-5x what comes in the 30X models, and about 3X what's in the 100x models. As your needs change, that increase in speed/capabilities might mean the difference between working as intended or time to replace....
crazynas

Post by crazynas »

I suggest you buy AS3102T. It's very C/P. I like this nas and use very well.
I like AEC utility. https://www.asustor.com/admv2?type=5&subject=21&sub=124
https://www.asustor.com/online/College_topic?topic=227
Antonios

Post by Antonios »

Actually there is like 0% chance of moving HDDs to another brand NAS and have them working without going through initialization.

Better figure a way to back up data, or in a best case scenario, say old NAS was a Raid 1, then it can work with only one HDD in degraded mode, so, remove one HDD, put it in new NAS, initialize, mount old NAS filesystem onto new NAS, copy data from old NAS to new NAS. Or something along those lines.

Just my 2c.

Return to “Presales”