Linux center hdmi and autostart

Linux Center is Linux Container APP, can run different isolated Linux systems on Asustor Nas system using a single Linux kernel.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

flommy
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Linux center hdmi and autostart

Post by flommy »

Since there wasn't an official subforum for the Linux Center, I post my questions here.

I run Linux Center (1.0.1.r164) on my AS6404T with ADM 3.0.3.RAI4. I have installed and enabled the Debian 8 Desktop variant.
I have two issues:
1. I would like to enable it on startup, but have not found the process on the server to be able to script it to autostart.
2. Also it stops sending HDMI after being inactive for a while. The workaround for now is to disable HDMI output in the ADM portal and re-enable it.

Any ideas how to fix my issues?
AngeL

Re: Linux center hdmi and autostart

Post by AngeL »

hello im sorry I cant answer your questions but maybe you can say if I install Linux Cented then I cant use Asustor Portal and Kodi?
flommy

Post by flommy »

AFAIK you cannot use Linux Center with HDMI output at the same time as Asustor Portal and Kodi.
Antonios

Post by Antonios »

The stopping HDMI after being inactive for a while thing looks like some (default) power saving profile setting, there was a time when all sorts of such settings were applied everywhere and caused much unwanted or difficult to explain port behavior, but it was the trend of that time and unfortunately it stuck.

Anyways, this power saving setting should be configurable by editing some configuration file somewhere.

Just my 2c.
rusi

Post by rusi »

Hi.
Still not any solution for autostart after reboot? Would be nice and professional... :)

Return to “Linux-Center”