My first problem in 3 years.

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

idlemind
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

My first problem in 3 years.

Post by idlemind »

Hello folks.

I noticed I was unable to see my PLEX server one evening. I remotely rebooted my 608T and it still did not show up. When I was able to gain physical access to it, it was on the SHUTDOWN? screen. I selected NO. It then displayed INITIALIZE? to which I selected, NO. these appear to be my only options. I've restarted a few more times with the same results. When I launch CONTROL CENTER the NAS shows up as UNINITIALIZED.

I have not done any initialization activities and all drives appear to be healthy. Is there a way to recover my data?

Thanks
orion

Re: My first problem in 3 years.

Post by orion »

Most likely, some of your HDDs might get bad. You'd better to send a support request to asustor to check it remotely. https://support.asustor.com/
idlemind

Post by idlemind »

Thanks. just put the ticket in. I also noticed that although the drive bays are lighting up Green, they do not appear to be spinning. (I don't hear them whining) and when I pull one, I don't feel the gyroscopic force.
bizzy

Post by bizzy »

I've just had the same symptom after updating the ADM version to 3.0.3.RAI4. Disks were healthy before the update and then after the update and a reboot, I am no longer able to see the data volume. The system md0 volume seems to be healthy and I can run mdadm commands against it but can't see the data volume anymore.
orion

Post by orion »

You can try to use "mdadm --assemble" (partition 4) to check if md driver can reassemble your data volume. If it's successful, the configuration might be corrupted.
bizzy

Post by bizzy »

The only partitions I can see from the command line are sda1 and sdb1. If I connect the drive to my PC I can see 4 partitions and the correct disk size. I really think it is related to the ADM update. Is there a way to backout the ADM update and go back to the previous version?
orion

Post by orion »

bizzy wrote:The only partitions I can see from the command line are sda1 and sdb1. If I connect the drive to my PC I can see 4 partitions and the correct disk size. I really think it is related to the ADM update. Is there a way to backout the ADM update and go back to the previous version?
You can check with asustor support guy. However, I guess their official answer is no.
bizzy

Post by bizzy »

Support guys didn't help and are really slow at responding. I won't bother even mirroring the disks anymore as it let me down with losing the entire volume. Fortunately I had an almost complete and relatively recent backup where I could get most of my data back. Restoring the data was much quicker than dealing with support and I only lost about a weeks worth of data. Lesson learnt, always have a full backup just before upgrading ADM.

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”