No audio in Youtube app

Enjoy high definition brilliance with your NAS and ASUSTOR Portal

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dkobelak
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

No audio in Youtube app

Post by dkobelak »

So I get no audio when running the youtube app.. My asustor is connected through hdmi and i have sound if i start kodi or other apps through the portal. I can not find any options to change the audio output through the app or through the portal.. anyone experienced this before or has a solution?
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
Spartanineo

Re: No audio in Youtube app

Post by Spartanineo »

hello, did you try to restart the nas?
dkobelak

Post by dkobelak »

well i dunno what to say.. i restarted nas multiple times and it did not work... today i checked it out one more time and all audio working ok... strange.. i did notice that upon bootup to asustor portal after nas is restarted i get the volume icon showing the volume is at min.. but soehow the audio works now.. anyways.. one more question regarding the youtube app.. does anyone know how to exit the youtube app lol.. i do not see a way to get back into asustor portal..
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
orion

Post by orion »

dkobelak wrote:well i dunno what to say.. i restarted nas multiple times and it did not work... today i checked it out one more time and all audio working ok... strange.. i did notice that upon bootup to asustor portal after nas is restarted i get the volume icon showing the volume is at min.. but soehow the audio works now.. anyways.. one more question regarding the youtube app.. does anyone know how to exit the youtube app lol.. i do not see a way to get back into asustor portal..
There are many ways. The simplest way should be AiRemote on your phone. Press exit.
dkobelak

Post by dkobelak »

orion wrote:
dkobelak wrote:well i dunno what to say.. i restarted nas multiple times and it did not work... today i checked it out one more time and all audio working ok... strange.. i did notice that upon bootup to asustor portal after nas is restarted i get the volume icon showing the volume is at min.. but soehow the audio works now.. anyways.. one more question regarding the youtube app.. does anyone know how to exit the youtube app lol.. i do not see a way to get back into asustor portal..
There are many ways. The simplest way should be AiRemote on your phone. Press exit.
Thank you.. I knew there was a way through airemote or even though asustor portal on the computer.. however I was just curious if there was a way of exiting back from within the youtube app.. kodi for example has an exit button in app to take you back to the portal..
orion

Post by orion »

dkobelak wrote: Thank you.. I knew there was a way through airemote or even though asustor portal on the computer.. however I was just curious if there was a way of exiting back from within the youtube app.. kodi for example has an exit button in app to take you back to the portal..
If the thing in my very limited memory is correct, youtube app can pop a menu when user clicks right mouse button. There should be an exit function.
foggy69

Post by foggy69 »

The only way I have found to be able to change the volume level in the YouTube app is via the ADM.
You need the AIRemote app running on your phone in the mouse mode and the Asustor Portal screen on your TV.
Using the ADM, go via the Asustor Portal icon and then change the screen resolution for the Asustor Portal. When the TV screen comes back on, make sure the AIRemote mouse icon is at the top of the screen, as when the volume icon bar appears, it then stays on the screen, and you can then adjust the volume to your requied level.

Return to “ASUSTOR Portal”