mySQL access issue

Web hosting, MySQL, PHP and all that good stuff.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

GHETTOCHiLD
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

mySQL access issue

Post by GHETTOCHiLD »

i can't seem to connect to the mySQL database. i am trying to login as root/admin but i get nothing. i installed phpmyadmin and try to login there to and it gives me an error:

An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.2.20:80.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

anyone know how to correct this? i would love to be able to login and manage the db w/ mysql workbench.
ho66es

Re: mySQL access issue

Post by ho66es »

is it enabled under services, and have you tried resetting password , and if nothing in there re initialising the database?
608t
GHETTOCHiLD

Post by GHETTOCHiLD »

yes, yes, and yes. still can't connect to it.
ho66es

Post by ho66es »

web server up and running and can you connect to it?
608t
GHETTOCHiLD

Post by GHETTOCHiLD »

yes. i can connect to the web server and to the phpmyadmin web page. i did do some googling and looking around and it looks like the config.inc.php is not there, just a sample one. i am not quite sure how to configure it for asustor. was hoping they might know since the phpmyadmin is an app by them.
aquarius

Post by aquarius »

Hello,

For this error: Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long

This usually means the implementation of SSL on your server is not correct. The error is usually caused by a server side problem which the server administrator will need to investigate.

Below are some things we recommend trying.
1. Ensure that port 443 is open and enabled on your server. This is the standard port for https communications.
2. If SSL is using a non-standard port then FireFox 3 can sometimes give this error. Ensure SSL is running on port 443.
3. If using Apache2 check that you are using port 443 for SSL. This can be done by setting the ports.conf file as follows
Listen 80
Listen 443 https
4. Make sure you do not have more than one SSL certificate sharing the same IP. Please ensure that all SSL certificates utilise their own dedicated IP.
6. If using Apache2 check your vhost config. Some users have reported changing <VirtualHost> to _default_ resolved the error.
7. Make sure that your SSL certificate is not expire
8. Try to specify the Cipher:
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!aNULL:!ADH:!eNULL:!LOW:!EXP:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+SSLv3

Maybe you can go to the System Information\DR. ASUSTOR to click on the export health record button.
It can generate the internal logs/configuration of NAS for ASUSTOR troubleshooting!

Best Regards,
GHETTOCHiLD

Post by GHETTOCHiLD »

i got it working through mysql workbench. sqlbuddy also worked too. i don't know what the proper parameters are to use when setting up phpmyadmin so i gave up on that. i did figure out though that i needed to put a config folder in the phpmyadmin folder and navigate to x.x.x.x./phpmyadmin/setup to create a config.inc.php file. the issue is like i said, i don't know what parameters to set to get it to connect to the asustor db. outside of that i would recommend using sqlbuddy or mysql workbench. both work right from the box.

Return to “Web Hosting”