Migrate to new Asustor.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

losar
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Migrate to new Asustor.

Post by losar »

Hi guys quick question. My old 202TE fried and I got new one. Are there any specific procedure for installing the drives from 202te to new austor.

Thanks
MikeG.6.5

Re: Migrate to new Asustor.

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Just pop out the old drives from old unit, pop them into the new unit and turn it on. Put them in slot for slot, so drive bay 1 stays bay 1, etc.

You may need to update the apps, for instance, if the old apps are 32-bit and the new machine is 64-bit. (The old model of NAS is a 32-bit OS, but without knowing which model you bought, it could be either.)

I've done this several times in the past. Always works well.
losar

Post by losar »

I went for 202te to 3102t older apps are grayed out and I cannot install any new apps for app central. I get message app is not compitable with this model (ref 6005) I opened a ticket.
orion

Post by orion »

losar wrote:I went for 202te to 3102t older apps are grayed out and I cannot install any new apps for app central. I get message app is not compitable with this model (ref 6005) I opened a ticket.
What app did you install, but failed?
losar

Post by losar »

portal, google chrome, download center...none will install give me error incompitable with this model
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Remove the ones you have installed now, then search for the ones in App Central for the new model. You are trying to "update" a 32-bit app on a 64-bit machine, and the errors you are getting are a result. You HAVE to remove the old 32-bit apps first.
losar

Post by losar »

ok stupid question i erased old apps where are the 64 bit apps?
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

You find them in App Central, just as you did before. The only apps that show up when you search for them should be the ones that have been marked for your unit.
losar

Post by losar »

I really appreciate your help. That's what I am doing trying to do install from app central and it give me incompitable error. It is really upsetting Asustor still have not replied to my ticket I opened on sept 1.

Return to “Meet and Greet”