Cannot restart or shutdown completely the NAS from the ADM portal

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

savek
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Cannot restart or shutdown completely the NAS from the ADM portal

Post by savek »

Hi all,

I cannot restart or completely shutdown the NAS from the ADM portal. If I go and restart / shutdown it looks like it shutdowns every process but the NAS itself hangs and I need to do the long press on the power button.

If I login to the terminal it is NOT a problem. I can do both perfectly well and fine. I can restart and I can shutdown the NAS perfectly fine but from the ADM and from the Android APP I cannot, NAS just hangs and thats it.

This is very annoying and I want to fix it as I am traveling a lot and if I need to bounce the NAS remotely from the ADM or the Android APP it is impossible as I know it will freeze. Every single time I try this from the ADM or Android app NAS is freezing. From the Terminal (SSH) NO problems, works perfectly fine.

Can you help me out guys?

Thanks
Vladi
BR
orion

Re: Cannot restart or shutdown completely the NAS from the ADM portal

Post by orion »

I did not encounter this problem. What's your ADM version? If it's not the latest one, you can upgrade to that version. Otherwise, I'll suggest you to send a support request to asustor. https://support.asustor.com/ (need more detailed information to judge...)
savek

Post by savek »

I am using the latest beta B6L3 but this was the same with the previous versions as well
Mr.Crowley

Post by Mr.Crowley »

I have exactly the same problem since a buy my AS3104T, the support didn't find any solution...
Antonios

Post by Antonios »

It would be very annoying to have that situation, reminds me of some old computers that didn't want to shutdown some decades ago.

For a NAS, one thing I would definitely try is to remove all HDDs and then insert just one spare HDD in single mode and do a clean ADM (no betas) install on it.

If it still did not want to shut down after that clean install, it certainly is the NAS main board's fault.
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

My NAS (AS-304) is shutting down fine with the latest 2 (or 3) beta's. Could you try and disable any apps you installed (no need to remove them, just disable them). After this reboot your NAS and try to restart it from ADM. If this works, some app is taking too long to shutdown (or will not shutdown at all) preventing a reboot.

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656
primusd

Post by primusd »

Also having this issues (AS-6104; latest ADM 3)... would love to hear if anyone figured out a solution.
JPMi

Post by JPMi »

primusd wrote:Also having this issues (AS-6104; latest ADM 3)... would love to hear if anyone figured out a solution.
I have the same model, and the same problem.
I also have an AS-302 which restarts without any problems.
gladiac

Post by gladiac »

Have the same problem with 3102, have not found any solution
JPMi

Post by JPMi »

Today, for the first time ever, my AS6104T restarted after the ADM upgrade (3.0.3.RAI4).
I suspect that something got fixed in the previous upgrade to version 3.

:D :D :D

Return to “[Official] For AS61XX/62XX Series”