RAID 0 to 1 AS6204T

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

aertr
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

RAID 0 to 1 AS6204T

Post by aertr »

I purchased an AS6204T yesterday. While I believe it is set up, I might have missed a step to set it to RAID 1. It shows as RAID 0. I have 2 drives and want the second to mirror the first.

It looked like I should be able to do this from Storage Manager/Volume, but Create and Management are greyed out. The only option is Remove.

I would appreciate your comments as to what is the best solution for me? Thanks,

Tony
Antonios

Re: RAID 0 to 1 AS6204T

Post by Antonios »

First thing, backup data (if any) on the Raid 0 array.

Then, either do it all from the beginning or remove Raid 0 volume and then create Raid 1.

Can't do nothing on a Raid 0, once you touch any disk the data is gone as there is no fault tolerance not for one single byte (ALL data is striped across both disks).

https://www.asustor.com/en/online/Colle ... ?topic=352
aertr

Re: RAID 0 to 1 AS6204T

Post by aertr »

Thanks, Antonios,

The good news is that I had not moved any data to the volume, so there is nothing to backup. I clicked on Remove, and it then gave me to option to select Balanced or Maximum Capacity. Selecting Balanced, showed it as RAID 1. Maximum Capacity was RAID 0. That appears to be where I went wrong setting it up at first. It looks like it is now correct, and it is going through a synchronization that shows as 9 hours. I was previously told it would take hours.

Tony

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”