Any tips on using a 4K monitor

Looking for discussion about hardware compatibility? Look no further.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

r43ey
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Any tips on using a 4K monitor

Post by r43ey »

I want to be able to use 4K for viewing video/photos in 4K. But now address bar and tabs in chrome are WAY too small to read from across the room. (They don't change when zooming.) Any easy solution short of change resolution every time a switch from browsing to viewing? (HiDPI setting in Linux?)

Thanks
father.mande

Re: Any tips on using a 4K monitor

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
r43ey wrote:I want to be able to use 4K for viewing video/photos in 4K. But now address bar and tabs in chrome are WAY too small to read from across the room. (They don't change when zooming.) Any easy solution short of change resolution every time a switch from browsing to viewing? (HiDPI setting in Linux?)

Thanks
Did you try (as usual for Chrome) to change the fonts ???
Menu / settings / Advanced Settings ... Web Content ... and tests fonts size (5 choice from very small to very large) ... or change Fonts proposed (Customize Fonts) and size ...

If the result is not correct ... due to a lack of fonts provide by Asustor ... you can add your own fonts bye adding a folder (filled with other fonts before) to the start_up shell of Chrome

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
r43ey

Re: Any tips on using a 4K monitor

Post by r43ey »

This is a good idea, but doesn't affect the text size of the tabs or the address bar. I have a feeling the only solution is to switch resolution back and forth.

Return to “Hardware Compatibility”