Kodi mysql shared library

Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub \

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

alister55
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Kodi mysql shared library

Post by alister55 »

I have been using shared library with kodi and mysql for a couple years now and just trying kodi on asustor since version has been upgraded to v17. Setting up advancedsetting.xml and restart kodi. Error generated in log: mysql library requested but mysql support is not compiled in. falling back to sqlite3

Is there any plans to include mysql in kodi so I can use mysql? Or am I missing something? I don't see a mysql option in adm anywhere.

Asustor AS6104T
orion

Re: Kodi mysql shared library

Post by orion »

I'm not sure if KODI complied with mysql support or not. You can contact to asustor support for it: https://support.asustor.com/ However ADM updated mysql server to MariaDB server. You can check the setting under ADM web -> Services.
pierremillien

Post by pierremillien »

Hello,

I would like to update this topic. I'm also trying to migrate from my WETEK play with shared database on my AS7004T. It works properly with my laptop. I can play, pause, resume from any of my device.
I installed KODI on my Asustor via AppCentral, configured everything but my Kodi asustor won't connect to his 127.0.0.1 data base;
I tried several version of advanced settings.xml with #ip of my NAS, 127.0.0.1, local host
none of them work.
Is it a known issue with KODI and shared database on the same NAS ?
Regards,
Pierremillien
pierremillien

Post by pierremillien »

Hi !

In case it helps some of you, i figured out how to share the MySQL library with the NAS itself.
The user kodi i created first with % access don't access to the localhost Database.
I "just" has to re-create a second user called kodi with localhost access.
kodi maria.jpeg
kodi maria.jpeg (21.12 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
And so easy it is...

simple, but certainly not proper

Return to “Kodi”