Soundsgood bugs

SoundsGood is a Web music player that allows you to listen to all the music stored on your NAS via a Web browser. It supports browsing by artist, album or folder along with keyword searches to help you quickly find the music you want to listen to. The easy to use interface lets you effortlessly create playlists, creating a personalized listening experience. Additionally, SoundsGood supports ASUSTOR NAS’s multimedia playback interface allowing you to connect speakers to the NAS via HDMI, USB or audio jack, turning SoundsGood into your local music player.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

iobi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Soundsgood bugs

Post by iobi »

Good morning, I have a AS6104T with 2GB Ram, ADM 2.6.6 RCF2.
I am very pleased with the product, but not for SoundsGood, that I find (or would find) perfect for playing music.

The previous version was spartan (not smart enough to remember the layout of the GUI) but it worked.

The new 2.0.0r772 version however is very disappointing:

First fundamental problem: it does not work on Firefox (my reference browser). I have tried it on other browsers, but it only works on Chrome, and after some updates the page. I have all the necessary extensions and libraries: java, flashplayer, shockwave; adblock is disabled for the nas address. So I think it's amazing is not working. Unacceptable.

Second problem: the gui has problems or deficiencies. You do not see confirmation buttons, and it's unfortunate because change some settings does not produce real change. For example, in "General Settings" I change "Language" in Italian BUT the interface does not change its translation. Or the change is not effective, or is not supported language (and in the case is not reported anywhere).

Third problem: there is no synchronization with the mobile app (Android). If I play a music queue, or playlist, I should find the same thing on the mobile app. And viceversa.
And on mobile app I should be able to choose the audio output device BEFORE you play a song.

I think there is still much work to do on this app, and I hope for more frequent updates (I'm amenable to beta versions).
orion

Re: Soundsgood bugs

Post by orion »

I'll suggest you to report those issues to: https://support.asustor.com/ You should be able to get quicker responses.
iobi

Post by iobi »

Hi!
I wrote the assistance as suggested by Orion, they were available to clarify.
Only with the latest update 2.0.0r778, they have solved the operating problems of Firefox.
It is a little slow, but a very good step.
But now it seems to have problems on streaming to Bluetooth devices (my headphones) that worked very well before these updates. I'm trying to understand if it is a problem of my nas or SoundsGood.
I think I will write again Asustor care to expose this series.
seth

Post by seth »

I'm going to second this. Soundsgood used to work in Firefox for me too. I thought it might have something to do with versions of Firefox 50+ not having proper support for java anymore (even though I'm pretty sure Soundsgood uses JavaScript, which should be unaffected by Firefox's changes), but I downloaded the ESR version (the one that continues plugin support through 2017) and it still doesn't work. Furthermore, Soundsgood also does not work in (ugh) Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer. I even tried unistalling it and reinstalling it, but that did not work. I don't use it very often so I'm not sure when it started ceasing to work in these web browsers, but it is frustrating nonetheless. Any word on this?

EDIT: Because Soundsgood is written in HTML and JavaScript, I opened the main page in Firefox's debugging console and found the following error:

"TypeError: e is undefined"
the console tells me the main error occurs in app.js, line 2, character 919, which is this:
"e.setAttribute("content","width=device-width, initial-scale=0.5, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=yes")"

All the rest of the errors flow from e being undefined in the js file above. I am not very familiar with JavaScript syntax and the entirety of app.js shows up in my debugger as one line of code making it difficult to parse all the nested methods and functions. Thoughts?
Mr.Crowley

Post by Mr.Crowley »

I have also a lot of problems with the web interface, the shuffle mode is not working correctly, the volume level and view parameters are not saved between sessions.

I discovered another big problem, the interface is running through 11 or 12 "lighttpd" process, using "cgi",
yesterday, my nas was showing 1.10GB of memory usage, despite my soundsgood tab being closed in Chrome.

So I try to restart lighttpd via "SSH", with

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/lighttpdutil restart
Immediatly my RAM drop to exactly 365MB, and I have Plex running, rtorrent+rutorrent(with 200+ torrents) (nginx/php7), so to me it's look like a memory "bug",
maybe they keep data in memory to load the UI more rapidly, but anyway if it's that and not a real bug, I don't want to have that much of RAM usage just for music.

I never use Plex to play music through the browser, but seems to work pretty well right now, if you guys want a quick solution ;)
seth

Post by seth »

Gave the Lighttpd restart a try and nothing changed. Thanks anyway.

I've been in contact with Asustor about the issue and they are stumped. They can't reproduce the error. I've been doing extensive troubleshooting on my own as well. Simply put, Soundsgood loads just fine, i.e. there are no JavaScript errors, in every browser on every computer but my own. This leads me to believe there is something wrong with files or libraries on my computer related to JavaScript interpretation. However, this doesn't make sense to me because I thought that web browsers all have their own JavaScript interpreters built in so the error would not be universal.

I have run windows in safe mode, firefox in safe mode, a memory test on my computer, virus and malware scans, and an sfc scan to look at jscript.dll. I found no errors or irregularities.

Does anybody have a greater command of the JavaScript stack to be able to give me some insight as to what to try next?
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Go into Add/Remove programs (Or Programs and Features as it's called in Win10) and remove Java then re-download and reinstall it. You may have a corrupt install, or bad files someplace. If everything works on other machines but yours, then the issue is with the machine and not the application.
seth

Post by seth »

Thanks for the suggestion Mike but there's a problem with JavaScript, not Java so I doubt reinstalling Java will make a difference. I do agree that logically the problem is probably with the machine and not the app.

Asustor contacted me again yesterday and said others were having the same issue and the engineers are looking into it. I'm still troubleshooting systemic stuff on my end as well (Windows registry, etc.). Fingers crossed.

Return to “SoundsGood”