Problems with video addon kodi 17

This version is based on the official code WITHOUT modifications (base Ubuntu 16.04)

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Problems with video addon kodi 17

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
hane73 wrote:I sent email to you Father Mande. I found a Kodi crash log.
Hans
I get it ... but please can you send me (again) the file as an "join" file to the mail (ex. copy the kodi.log to /share/Public and get it using shared resource)
because it's hard to impossible to do a check on screen ... with a file I can use lot of tools to search any error ...

BUT as first inspect the addon you want to install is exodus
is it true ?
if yes
... python inform that a require module (certainly listed as perquisite ?? by exodus team is missing : pysqlite2)

I am not expert in Python provide by Asustor ? so I suppose this require to use some tools like pip ... but ... please ask support to know how adding module like pysqlite2 to the Python provide..

I will try to see if with PYTHON from Entware a work around can exist (after I have to inform kodi to use them ... ) or wait for the official delivery ... mine is a first draft ... so each player is an alpha tester against itself ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

F.Y.I.
seem that Python 2 provide by Entware have modules requested
... name now python-sqlite3
This imply (more test) to be sure that search PATH start by /opt/bin to find python first (if analyse that it's not a mandatory path searched by extension ... )

Philippe.
hane73

Post by hane73 »

Hello!
Thanks för all the answers. I have the same problem with all add ons. It works well with kodi 16. I have copyed the file to /share/public bur I do not know hoe´w to make it a shared resource?
Hans
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
hane73 wrote:Hello!
Thanks för all the answers. I have the same problem with all add ons. It works well with kodi 16. I have copyed the file to /share/public bur I do not know hoe´w to make it a shared resource?
Hans
Suppose mac (or windows can be use as a samba client ... so access the share using this method ... sorry I am not very informed about any Apple stuff

F.Y.I.
if exodus is really the addon you want to use (even if I can just recommend you to use it only for "legal contains" if it's possible)
F.Y.I. I have successfully add the missing python module (quick and dirty ... it's a test)
... I have installed successfully Exodus (English and Fr version)
... then run with success up to a movie or tv channel

So the problem is not kodi17 itself . it's the incomplete (and not enough,for my poor level, documented (how adding modules in Python) software in this case python

I will have to run more tests ... but it's clear that Exodus and others like it are out of my scope ... I build and furnish ONLY the binary ad-dons provide by kodi team
it's your and only your responsibility

so I can add somethings missing in Python ... but for me it's for any user and for python ... not need by kodi itself.

when you or other want to use this kind of software ... the best for you is to get also the skills need ...so you will be more independent. :roll:

Philippe.
NB if the kodi16 version on Asustor NAS use the same module ... I can't image it cat run ... this module IS NOT provide ... so result can be exactly the same (in this case it's in my skill) ... if it's due to an upgrade internal to exodus ... please complaints to exodus team ...
NB1 a NAS can NEVER be considered as a standard Linux distribution ... so forget load / plug and play ... all outside the core product can require more integration and adding in ADM / APKG from Asustor itself ... and forget to compare what run on Linux standard / MacOS or Windows ans under a NAS ..
hane73

Post by hane73 »

Thank you for your reply and for all the work you do with kodi 17 and PMP. It is not a big deal that I can´t see plug ins with kodi 17. I will wait and see how your work progress. Again thanks for all your work with developing apps to asustor nas.

Hans
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

After solving some last bugs (not in Kodi ... in APKG) ... I will write a post to explain : how workaround error in installing some addons

I can't cover all ... but I think it's a correct approach for any people wanting to do it himself ...

Philippe.

Return to “Mykodi17”