Problem expanding Volume

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

yield2ten
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Problem expanding Volume

Post by yield2ten »

I have a 3202 that had two 1TB drives in a Raid 1 configuration. I followed the on screen instructions for replacing the existing disks with larger ones. I replaced disk 1 when it told me to, then it repaired the volume with the new larger disk. It then prompted me to replace disk 2 with the larger one, which I did. It then successfully synced both drives. The status for both disks shows "Good" and so does the status for the volume. It then instructed me to click on the "Expand Capacity" button, but when I do that, the screen refreshes but nothing happens. The new disks are 4TB drives, and the disk size is reported as 3.64TB for each one, but the volume's total capacity is still stuck at 912GB. I've tried rebooting the unit but the volume still won't expand. Any suggestions? Attached is a screen shot of the current status. Clicking on the Expand Capacity button doesn't do anything.
Attachments
NAS.PNG
NAS.PNG (133.42 KiB) Viewed 7659 times
MikeG.6.5

Re: Problem expanding Volume

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Create a ticket at http://support.asustor.com and link this thread to the ticket. That's about the only thing I can suggest...
orion

Post by orion »

Sounds really weird. Can you share the result after you contacted to asustor support? Thanks.
yield2ten

Post by yield2ten »

Sure will. I opened a ticket shortly after making this post but have yet to hear anything. I was just about to delete the volume and create a new one with the 4TB drives, then manually move over the data from the old 1TB drives, but figured I'd give them a bit more time to reply to see if they can save me some time in having to do it that way.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

yield2ten wrote:Sure will. I opened a ticket shortly after making this post but have yet to hear anything. I was just about to delete the volume and create a new one with the 4TB drives, then manually move over the data from the old 1TB drives, but figured I'd give them a bit more time to reply to see if they can save me some time in having to do it that way.

Hi, did you solve the problem? I have the same issue :(
Antonios

Post by Antonios »

Which version of ADM are you running when this problem appears?

You could try killing / stopping / disabling / uninstalling all applications installed and try expanding the volume then, some application could install some kind of software lock on something thus preventing the expanding operation to start or complete successfully.

Return to “[Official] For AS31XX/ AS32XX Series”