Flac files

SoundsGood is a Web music player that allows you to listen to all the music stored on your NAS via a Web browser. It supports browsing by artist, album or folder along with keyword searches to help you quickly find the music you want to listen to. The easy to use interface lets you effortlessly create playlists, creating a personalized listening experience. Additionally, SoundsGood supports ASUSTOR NAS’s multimedia playback interface allowing you to connect speakers to the NAS via HDMI, USB or audio jack, turning SoundsGood into your local music player.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

perch
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Flac files

Post by perch »

Developers of this app please notice that a lot of music lovers are using flac files instead of mp3.
The conversion of a song from flac to mp3 is taking so long that the app is impossible to use.
The app is not scanning all my files, I am sure there is nothing wrong with my music files, the logitech media player app is working well with all my music and is realy fast.
The scanning of music files for hours is also a big bug in this app.
I suggest asustor not to bring out apps anymore who are not working.
Can somebody tells me if this app will become better?
perch

Re: Flac files

Post by perch »

After the last adm update sounsgood is working better.
I convert my flac music in soundsgoog to WAV and the music starts in 1 or 2 seconds so much better as it was before.
I do not say jet that soundsgood is allready on the level of logitech media player but I can use it now.
Asustor, keep developing!!
electrolyse

Re: Flac files

Post by electrolyse »

perch wrote:After the last adm update sounsgood is working better.
I convert my flac music in soundsgoog to WAV and the music starts in 1 or 2 seconds so much better as it was before.
I do not say jet that soundsgood is allready on the level of logitech media player but I can use it now.
Asustor, keep developing!!
It is ok from FLAC to WAV it is reencoded on the fly but each song are 45MB , the 'size' of the FLAC file.
but FLAC to MP3 is a huge problem as the song NEEDS to be encoded before playing it and it takes beteen 40 and 50 secondes BEFORE the song start.
ratio is 40 sec for 4mn music or 240secs, so 1:6 (1sec encode for 6 sec of music
I suggest the APP sould encode 6sec of music (in a seconde) then start to play the file instead of waiting the full music to be encoded.

this is almost the only issue from my side, the web app is good and the app on iphone also.

thank you guys

Return to “SoundsGood”