SoundsGood won't scan entire library

SoundsGood is a Web music player that allows you to listen to all the music stored on your NAS via a Web browser. It supports browsing by artist, album or folder along with keyword searches to help you quickly find the music you want to listen to. The easy to use interface lets you effortlessly create playlists, creating a personalized listening experience. Additionally, SoundsGood supports ASUSTOR NAS’s multimedia playback interface allowing you to connect speakers to the NAS via HDMI, USB or audio jack, turning SoundsGood into your local music player.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

higherdemon
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: SoundsGood won't scan entire library

Post by higherdemon »

Anyone tested out the soundsgood software lately?
I've updated my asustor and it's indexing now. Since I have about 350 GB's I don't if it's ok now.

Some questions:
- Where can I see the indexing process?
- Where can I setup how many times indexing should take place?

Can I help debugging this software?
bbexperience

Post by bbexperience »

Resurrecting this thread to try to get an answer to this. Is there a place where you can see how far along it is in indexing? It seems to be taking forever for only about 9 GB of music added. So at this point I don't know if it just takes a long time or if there's something wrong.
dbenyakar

Post by dbenyakar »

On mine its stuck on "Loading" and nothing happens.
I think a ticket needs to be opened.
sadarahu

Post by sadarahu »

I have the same issue. I have folder with about 300+ mp3 files but only about 50-60 are shown.

Arthur
sadarahu

Post by sadarahu »

I moved all files into one folder. Still out of about 500 files only 50+ show up on the list. Is there any trick or limitation with filenaming ?
My files have default names and going through 500+ files to change the names would take days

Arthur
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

sadarahu wrote:I moved all files into one folder. Still out of about 500 files only 50+ show up on the list. Is there any trick or limitation with filenaming ?
My files have default names and going through 500+ files to change the names would take days

Arthur
You say you have default names, but they are named default for what application? I see this a lot with Plex where people have cryptic naming conventions based on bitrate, bandwidth, resolution, source, or uploader included as part of the naming scheme and say that this is their "default" naming. It's default for the app you may download with, but not for the app you want to PLAY it with.

For movies there is a definitive source for naming, at least with Plex. This is TheMovieDB.org. For TV shows, the naming authority is TheTVDB.org. Music, I'm not sure who the authority would be, but Gracenote, LyricFind or a few others might provide some insight. Hell, even iTunes naming conventions would be better than some of the nonsense I see from downloaded file names.

If you match Plex's naming requirements, I'm sure Soundsgood would be in a lot better shape to find and match the media in your music library. At least all of the media in your library is named CONSISTANTLY, which is even more important than matching a standard that changes from application to application. If you followed some obscure and cryptic naming scheme from your download source for naming you are likely going to have to hand rename everything.
higherdemon

Post by higherdemon »

Any update on this issue?
For me the soundsgood app is not usable.
higherdemon

Post by higherdemon »

With the last update the scan completed.
CheBorz

Post by CheBorz »

I had the same problem with the music library scanning but finally forced SoundsGood to scan my library by unactivating and reactivating SoundGood in AppCentral/Installed (don't uninstall SoundsGood if you don't want to lose all playlists!). It not resolves the issue but you can get your music scanned.
CheBorz

Post by CheBorz »

I have the same problem with Soundsgood. It seems that scaning stops due to a problem with music files, but the problem is how to find broken file if you have some terrabites of data... I asking myself why Soundsgood can't skip the broken file ?

Return to “SoundsGood”