Speed issue with OS X / Mac

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

electrolyse
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Speed issue with OS X / Mac

Post by electrolyse »

Hey hey Guys ! (and Gals)

While my 6104 works pretty fine and while I can dl from it on my Win 10 computer at max speed, I can't download anything on my Mac Pro Pro in Wifi ... it used to works last week before the upgrade and I can't download anything right now.

Does someone know why ? I have read here and there some 'tricks' like :
"sudo sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack=0"

but it doesn't help that much.
Do you have the answer to this question ?

Thank you !

Electro -

ps : I'm on fiber and successfully ran fiber speed test @ 25 MB/s (215 mb/s)
orion

Re: Speed issue with OS X / Mac

Post by orion »

I don't own Mac Pro. However, how do you download files on Mac Pro? Through ADM web page -> File Explorer? AFP? FTP Explorer?
electrolyse

Post by electrolyse »

orion wrote:I don't own Mac Pro. However, how do you download files on Mac Pro? Through ADM web page -> File Explorer? AFP? FTP Explorer?
Hello Orion,

I download files from Mac through Finder > go > connect to server > smb://xx.xx.xx.xx
both CIFS/samba and AFP services are enabled on the NAS

if you have any idea, let me know, thank you :)
orion

Post by orion »

electrolyse wrote:Hello Orion,

I download files from Mac through Finder > go > connect to server > smb://xx.xx.xx.xx

So, you login to NAS successfully, right? Can you mount volume (shared folder on NAS) successfully? Can you browse files on NAS? You'd better to provide more detailed information about the failure.
By the way, you can check what's your login name on NAS by ADM web page -> System Information -> Online users. Then, you can check if the access rights are set correctly.
electrolyse

Post by electrolyse »

orion wrote:
electrolyse wrote:Hello Orion,

So, you login to NAS successfully, right? Can you mount volume (shared folder on NAS) successfully? Can you browse files on NAS? You'd better to provide more detailed information about the failure.
By the way, you can check what's your login name on NAS by ADM web page -> System Information -> Online users. Then, you can check if the access rights are set correctly.
yes I can login into the NAS via web, I can browse files, I start to download files then after few seconds it stops.

error is : finder cant complete operation because some data can't be read or writen

and it download with admin login ( ADM web page -> System Information -> Online users)
orion

Post by orion »

electrolyse wrote: yes I can login into the NAS via web, I can browse files, I start to download files then after few seconds it stops.

error is : finder cant complete operation because some data can't be read or writen

and it download with admin login ( ADM web page -> System Information -> Online users)
Oops, that means the settings on access rights are correct. Although you tested your wifi network, I can only suggest to have a try on wired network with Mac Proc. If it still failed, I have no ideas about what's the problem. I think you should send a support request to asustor. http://support.asustor.com/ They should be able to check the problem remotely.

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”