New release of Deluge

Deluge is a full-featured ​BitTorrent client for Linux, OS X, Unix and Windows. It has been designed using the client server model with a daemon process that handles all the bittorrent activity. The Deluge daemon is able to run on headless machines with the user-interfaces being able to connect remotely from any platform.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mafredri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

New release of Deluge

Post by mafredri »

Hey,

I've just published a new release of Deluge (1.3.12-r3) on Github. This release should fix any problems that have been occurring on ADM 2.6.0.

Some new improvements as well, such as deluged, deluge-console and deluge-web are accessible from the command line. Libtorrent-rasterbar has also been updated to 1.0.9. And ssl support for python has been bundled so ssl / https should work properly as well, full changelog is available at Github.

Deluge 1.3.12-r3 on Github

Currently the developer portal is down, but I will submit this to the App Central as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
tango

Re: New release of Deluge

Post by tango »

I have a question regarding the dev0-string after version number, I think I'm being banned on private trackers because of this, could this be removed someway or do you have to update the app?

Thanks!
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

Oh wow, sorry you've run into that kind of problem, tango! My intention is not to keep it around forever, but currently I release the latest version of the 1.3-stable git branch of Deluge. Being from git, appending dev0 in the user agent is default behavior.

For a speedy solution, you could install the ltConfig plugin and change the user agent manually, to remove .dev0 from the user-agent (you might also want to tick "Apply settings on startup"). Might be safest to stop your torrents before you do this, then restart deluge, and only then start them back up. Just thinking the trackers might red-flag a user-agent changing mid-flight :).

If this is indeed the case, I think the people who run the trackers don't really take the time to know torrent clients in-depth. In the case of Deluge, the deluge user-agent doesn't really matter at all. What's really of interest is libtorrent-rasterbar running underneath :/. That's really the core of the application (when it comes to torrents), and Deluge is an UI on top of it.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
tango

Post by tango »

Thanks for your good explanation! :)
ItConfig fixed that! I tried using the libtorrent-string and got a blacklist warning right away.
So the version I'm running now is whitelisted on the tracker, so that shouldnt be the problem.
Probably have to go back to the port-settings/encryption, again :P

Thank you!
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

You're welcome, glad it worked out for you! :)
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

@tango, I thought I'd let you know that I've just pushed Deluge 1.3.13. This is an official release so dev0 is gone!

I've also pushed it to the App Central, but no idea when it will show up there.

Cheers,
Mathias
itdaboyz

Post by itdaboyz »

Thanks for the update :)

EDIT: This new version is great! The connection to the daemon seems to be a lot more stable than before.

Return to “Deluge”