Lots of bugs with Photo Galllery 2.0.0r936

Photo Gallery is a dedicated web photo album that makes photo management easy. The interface is clean and concise with albums appearing in the album list consisting of a cover photo and 4 smaller thumbnail photos.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

meetyg
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Lots of bugs with Photo Galllery 2.0.0r936

Post by meetyg »

Hello.
Just to share with the community, I opened a ticket to ASUSTOR about the Photo Gallery app.
I would like to here if anyone else has these issues.

The description of the ticket is below:

------------------
I'm using the Photo Gallery 2.0.0r936 beta, and there are many bugs:

1) When trying to upload many (~ 100) photos, or a few large photos, it causes Chrome to crash and the photos are not uploaded. Also, uploading is very slow.
When I tried again, I got a red error message on picture thumbnail, saying something like "get_status_tail_failed".

2) When I give permissions to an Album, these permissions are not applied to sub-albums.
This means that I have to give permissions to each sub-album separately.
This is very inconvenient, especially when I copied folders with pictures, directly to Photo Gallery shared folder using SMB access on Windows (which works fast), in order to workaround the problems uploaded as stated above.
I would expect that by default, all permissions will apply to sub-albums too, unless I changes the permissions on a specific sub-album.

3) Tag names don't allow spaces. This is also very problematic in my opinion. Using other characters instead of spaces make is less readable, and makes it harder to search by tags.
In Owncloud (version 9) gallery, for example, tags can have spaces.

Return to “Photo Gallery”