Samsung TV

The UPnP AV Media Server app can turn your NAS into your home multimedia streaming server. As long as you have devices that support UPnP or DLNA (for example, SONY BRAVIA TV or PlayStation3), you can directly browse and stream the pictures, music and videos stored on your NAS.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

James.S@AST
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Samsung TV

Post by James.S@AST »

Dear All,
We thought the Samsung TVs have the same ability to play media content .
Now we are contacting with Samsung and see how can we solve this issue.
Sorry guys, I will keep you posted on final result.

**By the way, those file can be played on Samsung TV through the USB port, right?

Cheers,
I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

Storage: AS-604T
Network: Belkin N1 Wireless/F5D8231
Laptop: ASUS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Media Player: HP NC6000& Wii & ASUSTOR NAS with Boxee App
Portable: HTC EVO 3D& The New iPad
mickes

Post by mickes »

James.S@AST wrote: **By the way, those file can be played on Samsung TV through the USB port, right?
Cheers,
Yes.. everything I have played through QNap withTwonkyMedia, DiskStation using their UPnp server, and I just tested some files through USB, all worked.
Alexei

Post by Alexei »

Same problem with PS50C6500. I do not want to use Plex as heavily loads the CPU even when idle.
...and the same symptoms with Philips soundbar.
AS-606T
Alexei

Post by Alexei »

Fix it please. I have to copy files to the old Qnap for watching.
AS-606T
ddaniel51

Post by ddaniel51 »

Samsung TVs support the DLNA (Digital Living NETWORK Alliance) format.

DLNA lists mpeg2 as the standard video format with mpeg1, mpeg 4, and WMV9 as options which are not required to be DLNA certified.

LPCM is the DLNA standard audio format with mp3, WMA9, AC-3, AAC, ATRAC3plus as optional formats again not required for DLNA certification.

Jpeg is the standard image format with gif, tiff, and png as options.

Convert your video, image and audio formats on the NAS to mpeg2, jpeg, and LPCM then the Samsung Smart TV will happily play or display them.

Do not expect a lower 5000 class tv to perform the same as a 6000, 7000, 8000, or 9000 class tv.
Each class has different features and options and you accordingly get what you pay for.

What the tv plays from a usb stick has nothing to do with DLNA.

Dave (Owner of 6 Samsung tv's of varying classes.)
mickes wrote:Any chance of getting Media Server working with Samsung Smart TV?

I can see everything, but when selected all I get is "not supported format"

Thanks
mickes

Post by mickes »

Every video/mp3 I have plays just fine through the DiskStation server, Qnap sever, even an old Iomega network drive, and the Plex dnla server. Qnap and Iomega use Twonky and they wouldn't play .mkv files till I went into Twonky and selected Samsung TV, the Diskstation knows I have a Samsung, and not sure what Plex does. I think the TV knows how to play many file formats, DNLA compliant or not, just the ASUSTOR won't pass the file through to the tv if it's not 100% compliant.

I'm to the point of using Plex for all the video in the house, plex isn't doing any transcoding to play the files. (next Plex update for Samsung should include music), I hooked the DS back up for the music. Their audio station with playlist and smart playlist is great, and it plays nice with Android phones for when I'm in the car or on the road trip with the bike.
Steve@AST

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi all,

We just release a UPnP media server V2 for beta testing, in v2 version, we have enhanced the compatibility with Samsung TV.
Please give it a try if you encounter any issue on UPnP V1, it also will be very helpful that we get your comment about v2 version.

br.

Steve
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano
mickes

Post by mickes »

Loading it up now.. I'll let you know how it goes.
mickes

Post by mickes »

V2 plays everything file format I have including mkv. on the Samsung..
Thanks for the great support..

Return to “UPnP Media Server”