downloading same shows over and over

Download Center is an excellent download manager allows you to easily download and save files to your NAS. Your NAS can effectively replace your computer in helping you with any download jobs.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mcfreiz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

downloading same shows over and over

Post by mcfreiz »

I setup a showrss feed and created a filter. it downloads a bunch of shows and then I move them into another directory. the next day it downloads all the same show (and some newer ones) again. how can I get it to remember what shows it already downloaded and stop them from being downloaded again.
lanimul

Re: downloading same shows over and over

Post by lanimul »

Check out Sonarr in the app store to manage downloads for TV shows

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
mcfreiz

Post by mcfreiz »

I took a quick look, I use this in addition to download center or replacement for download center?
lanimul

Post by lanimul »

U would also need to use another torrent client in app store. Sonarr don't support download Center. I use deluge with Sonarr.

lanimul

Post by lanimul »

Sonarr will monitor shows u add and move/organize them properly. Just add shows and setup app and it will take care of it for u.

MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Actually, you could use DLC with Sonarr, but you have to set it up to use the TorrentBlackhole downloader. Then set up DLC for a smart folder. Sonarr puts the tors into the smart folder, and then DLC downloads them and puts the completed into another folder.

Then, you could run a script like I have running, to do any conversions and put the files into another folder already in a streaming format, and Sonarr picks them up in this third folder and puts them into your library, named correctly, and ready for Plex, Kodi or whatever.

BUT, having said that, DLC really isn't the best choice for downloading TV series. In fact, it's probably the worst one you could use. The app itself isn't nearly as stable as uTorrent or SABnzb+. Those apps don't cause nearly the numbers of crashes DLC has caused on my systems.

If you are going to use Torrents, then uTorrent, Deluge or any of the other torrent clients. Better stability and a lot more flexibility. Newsgroups are really the way to go, though....
lanimul

Post by lanimul »

Didn't know u could use DLC with Sonarr, but I agree with its instability.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Return to “Download Center”