How to sync 2 accounts ?

Google Drive cloud storage service allows you to seamlessly integrate the data on your NAS with Google Drive

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

itdaboyz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How to sync 2 accounts ?

Post by itdaboyz »

Hi,

I would like to sync my account and my girlfriend's account on my NAS to store our files safely.
Is there a way to add 2 accounts on Google Drive app ? Or install the app twice ?

Thanks !
lanimul

Re: How to sync 2 accounts ?

Post by lanimul »

Add a second adm account

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
itdaboyz

Post by itdaboyz »

I prefer not to as only my ADM account would be usefull.
lanimul

Post by lanimul »

The drive app can only sync one account per adm account. In ur case use 2 adm accounts, doesn't mean u have use both, the admin can have access to the folders. If not then no go for ur situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

hehe, Really wish this forum had "Like" options like some I use. That's what I gathered from your previous statement lanimul, that the account needed to be in the ADM for each user. Just as it would need to be set up for each user on a Windows Machine, too....
orion

Post by orion »

Yes, after installed Google Drive, simply grant the specified users the application rights (under ADM web -> Access Control -> Application Privilege -> Google Drive). Both your girlfriend account and yours on NAS can synchronize data independently. Of course, you'll need to setup account credentials separately by login to ADM web page and launch Google Drive.
itdaboyz

Post by itdaboyz »

And even if I never login in the ADM account of my girlfriend, the sync will work in background ? If so then it's ok for me :)
Thanks for your help lanimul & orion.

I still wonder if maybe with some tweaks I could install 2 times Google Drive and each time with a different Google account on the same ADM account.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Not sure you would want to try reinventing the wheel. Make a new ADM account and have done with it. She doesn't need admin access, just RW access tot eh google drive folders for her account. Lock down the rest of the permissions and no worries.
itdaboyz

Post by itdaboyz »

Ok it works, thank you. :)
I have a bug, but it's not related to this setup, I'll open a new thread.

Return to “Data Sync for Google Drive”