Control center does not ID NAS

tmansk
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Control center does not ID NAS

Post by tmansk »

Yup. New at this. I have installed the Asustor control center many times. upgraded, downgraded, removed and reinstalled. It has never identified the NAS (or worked at all for that matter)
What is up with my Windows 10 that does not allow this to work?
orion

Re: Control center does not ID NAS

Post by orion »

Well, I did not try asustor control center application on Windows-10 (I'm still using Windows-7). I think you can install AiMaster App on your phone first to find your NAS IP. After you get NAS IP, you should be able to go to NAS web interface on Windows-10 browser.
It's better to report this issue to asustor. http://support.asustor.com/
snapshot

Post by snapshot »

This is probably related to the 'W10 can't access non-Windows devices' problem that's been fairly well documented now. I have two W10 PCs that, at one point, couldn't see anything on the LAN including themselves. I changed the workgroup name back to WORKGROUP and stopped the W7 PC being browse-master and the W10 Insider PC then started behaving correctly. I've just installed the Asustor Control Centre on this PC and it saw both my NAS immediately. However, the PC that upgraded to W10 from W7HP still can't see the contents of the shares on either NAS, the web sites or the webGUIs. BUT I've just installed the Asustor CC on this PC and it does see both NAS.

Apart from the different way the two PCs had W10 loaded, the first uses my MSLive ID but the second uses my normal LAN ID. The next step will be to change this round on both to see what happens.

The other way to find your NAS's IP is to open a Command Prompt and enter 'net view'. This will give you the names of all devices on your LAN. Entering 'ping <device name>' will give the IP address of that device.

But the basic answer to your problem is to not expect useful work from an unfinished OS like W10. Unfortunate but true.
Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown »

W10 here, and Asustor control center works flawless.
Nonetheless, I agree that W10 is far from finished though.
tmansk

Post by tmansk »

I appreciate the input. However, the Asustor CC does not ID my NAS. Admittingly I am not a network expert. I am a firm believer in plug and play; which seems to be how the command center works.
But not for me. I can access the NAS through the web but not through the Win10 desktop. I have been through much of this forum and have not resolved my issue; I have researched on the Windows 10
Help forum.

tmansk
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Make sure you don't have a firewall rule that stops Asustor Command Center from working. that's likely the problem now.
tmansk

Post by tmansk »

Oh boy. I have flushed caches, turned off firewalls and virus programs, did something with samba, blah blah blah. After my last post I realized that I had not done an advance search of this forum with the subject
of the search being the subject of this topic. on about page 3 of 18 pages, at the bottom of a users reply:::

Asus "Republic of Gamers III" program was blocking the Control Center's ability to ID my NAS. I have an ASUS ROG motherboard and had installed the program.
Uninstalling the Gamers III program allows the ACC to ID my NAS. Don't understand, don't care how it conflicted. ACC works, frustration over.
Thanks again, tmansk

Return to “ASUSTOR Control Center”