[Unofficial] Jackett (Torznab, TorrentPotato)

This software creates a Torznab (with nZEDb category numbering) and TorrentPotato API server on your machine. Torznab enables software such as Sonarr to access data from your favorite indexers in a similar fashion to rss but with added features such as searching. TorrentPotato is an interface accessible to CouchPotato.

Jackett works as a proxy server: it translates queries from apps (Sonarr, SickRage, CouchPotato, Mylar, etc) into tracker-site-specific http queries, parses the html response, then sends results back to the requesting software. This allows for getting recent uploads (like RSS) and performing searches. Jackett is a single repository of maintained indexer scraping & translation logic - removing the burden from other apps.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mafredri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[Unofficial] Jackett (Torznab, TorrentPotato)

Post by mafredri »

I just pushed a new app to the App Central, let's see how it goes. The app in question is Jackett and creates a Torznab and TorrentPotato API server on your NAS that can be used in e.g. Sonarr or CouchPotato. It supports many different trackers as well.

The project is currently halted, but if/when development continues I will release updates for sure. Check the home page for more info.

I've pushed it to GitHub, grab the download from the release page if you're interested!

Cheers,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
itdaboyz

Re: [Unofficial] Jackett (Torznab, TorrentPotato)

Post by itdaboyz »

Nice ! I've been waiting for this, you rock mafredi :)

It seems Jackett is now maintained by this team : https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett

Now, I wonder how to add a tracker that is not in the Jackett's list...
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

itdaboyz wrote:Nice ! I've been waiting for this, you rock mafredi :)

It seems Jackett is now maintained by this team : https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett

Now, I wonder how to add a tracker that is not in the Jackett's list...
Yeah, I'll publish a new release soon based on the newly maintained version. As for custom trackers you will either need to implement it yourself or create a new request on the issue tracker I suppose.

Glad you're enjoying it, cheers!
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
itdaboyz

Post by itdaboyz »

Hi mafredi,

Could you please release a new version, based on the v0.7.102 : https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett/releases ?
The tracker I use is now included !

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT : Nevermind, I found out how to do it myself! Symply grab the latest release and drop it in the jackett/Jackett folder.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

itdaboyz wrote:Hi mafredi,

Could you please release a new version, based on the v0.7.102 : https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett/releases ?
The tracker I use is now included !

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT : Nevermind, I found out how to do it myself! Symply grab the latest release and drop it in the jackett/Jackett folder.
Actually the version of Jackett in my latest release already support updates within Jackett itself, just click the "check for update" :). But your method also works, just know that I'll have a hard time providing support if there are manual modifications to the app (this one is not a biggie though).
itdaboyz

Post by itdaboyz »

Great, thank you ! :)
I'm going to switch to your updated version then to avoid potential troubles in the future.
renocz

Post by renocz »

Hi there,

On ADM 3.1, with official mono 5.8.1.0.r6 , jackett wasn't working anymore so i choose a fresh install and it seems that the package is not working anymore (no update possible, impossible to setup indexers...). Would it be possible to have an update? Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Reno

NAS: Synology DS210J + 2 To // Asustor AS302T + Western Red 4 To

Other:Raspberry PI XBMC // NUC d34010wyk XBMC 13.0 // Macbook Pro 15" 2013
Iphone 5s // Galaxy S3 // Ipad 3 //Ipad Mini
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

renocz wrote:Hi there,

On ADM 3.1, with official mono 5.8.1.0.r6 , jackett wasn't working anymore so i choose a fresh install and it seems that the package is not working anymore (no update possible, impossible to setup indexers...). Would it be possible to have an update? Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Reno
See here:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9717#
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.

Return to “Jackett”