OneDrive App

OneDrive is Microsoft’s cloud storage service. This app can access your OneDrive account and synchronize the files to/from NAS.

Note: Currently, this app does not support OneDrive for Business.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Kapitein Haak
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

OneDrive App

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Hello all,

I would like to use the Onedrive app to backup the NAS data to the cloud. I have setup the Onedrive app, created symlinks in the /volume1/home/admin/onedrive folder to the data folders on the NAS. It will then upload the data in the symbolic links to Onedrive. This does not work for me all the time.
More specifically; I shutdown and restart my NAS daily, every few days all data is deleted in Onedrive (I have set the advanced settings of the Onedrive app to: "NAS top Onedrive (one-way)" and "Keep extra files at the destination". I was under the assumption that the files would stay in Onedrive, but I can see the Onedrive app remove the folders in Onedrive when I pause / resume the app (does not happen every restart).
And besides issue above, new files aren't replicated to Onedrive. Not even after updating the symbolic links, and not after restarting the App. Remote files will remain outdated compared to the NAS.

Anybody else seeing this? (Yes, I am aware it's beta, but removing the data from Onedrive???)

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656
wde

Re: OneDrive App

Post by wde »

My OneDrive app hasn't synced properly since moving from Beta.
It's constantly "Indexing remote files...", using 25% of resources and never completes the indexing. I've tried starting/stopping, uninstalling/reinstalling and still not syncing so I've set it to "pause". The synced folders are being created but aren't being populated with files. All I'm syncing are a few hundred photos on my camera roll in one folder.
I'm going to create a ticket when I have the time.
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.2.7.RRD1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Hello wde,

I have been using the OneDrive app for some time now and have over 170 GB synchronised in OneDrive. It always takes some time to index the remote files after the app starts, but it finishes after a 15-20 minutes. If you're familiar with winscp / putty, you could check /volume1/home/<your user name>/.onedrive. It should have an extensive logfile.

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
wde

Post by wde »

Thanks, Kapitein!
The log looks okay to me but that's not saying much.
I've attached a copy of it to Asustor support ticket.
wde

Post by wde »

Latest release of Data Sync for OneDrive (1.0.0.r95) has fixed my problems. :D
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Let's hope they will fix the logging someday. It will just keep on logging all day, even if it's just to report that the app is sleeping.... No way for a harddisk to enter sleep when using the OneDrive app....

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
---

Return to “Data Sync for OneDrive”