OpenVPN Problem

ASUSTOR's VPN service brings businesses a truly effective solution.
Gene Coleman
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: OpenVPN Problem

Post by Gene Coleman »

I received a response from Asustor that their Engineering team has been made aware of the problem and is working on it! More to come.
peixoto1970

Post by peixoto1970 »

No solution yet? Thats absurd!
OpenVPN is one of the most important app of the NAS.
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

I'm agree with that.

problem is now identified since more that 10 days and can be easily reproduced. So what ?
blacksmith

Post by blacksmith »

I seen no reasonable excuse for them to take this long to fix this problem. The least they can do is to give an estimate for when it's going to get sorted out. I use the VPN app to remotely access all of the services behind my router firewall, so the NAS has become a lot less useful now with the failing OpenVPN connection. I'm going to open up a support a ticket as well now. I recommend for everyone else to do the same.
Gene Coleman

Post by Gene Coleman »

Probably a good idea for others to open up tickets at this point. I just emailed the support team for an update this morning but it may be days before I get a response.
Gene Coleman

Post by Gene Coleman »

Just got a reply from Technical Support. They say the upgrade will be released this week.
blacksmith

Post by blacksmith »

Thanks, great to hear! They should have been able to do it much earlier, but better late than never I suppose.
Daudiren

Post by Daudiren »

Has the update that fixes this been released yet?
Gene Coleman

Post by Gene Coleman »

No update that I have seen as of today 11/08/2015. I did however receive a general follow-up email from Asustor technical support yesterday asking if the issue has been resolved. I explained that it had not and gave them the name of the tech support person that has been involved with my ticket. Hopefully the fix is near! I will be emailing the original tech support person today for a follow-up as well.

The wait is getting frustrating. I can only wonder why this problem wasn't found before the latest ADM release.
Daudiren

Post by Daudiren »

Gene Coleman wrote:No update that I have seen as of today 11/08/2015. I did however receive a general follow-up email from Asustor technical support yesterday asking if the issue has been resolved. I explained that it had not and gave them the name of the tech support person that has been involved with my ticket. Hopefully the fix is near! I will be emailing the original tech support person today for a follow-up as well.

The wait is getting frustrating. I can only wonder why this problem wasn't found before the latest ADM release.
Yes, I hope they realize the scope and severity of this problem.

Return to “VPN Server”