Support - Disk Inactive

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Folorin
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Support - Disk Inactive

Post by Folorin »

Hi again,

Once again I am having problems. One of my disks is now inactive and as I am on RAID 5, have a degraded volume. I have set off a bad block scan but whats my next steps?

I must admit, I have had this for a week so far and two issues, both around the RAID array, this doesnt bode well for the unit and Im not impressed so far.

Regards
Folorin

Re: Support - Disk Inactive

Post by Folorin »

Fixed after trawling the web and finding the answer. Zero the superblock and re-add it, its now resyncing.

I can find no errors in any logs and these are brand new drives, no error son full block scans or deep smart scans.

Any thoughts ?
feejai

Post by feejai »

Having the same issue here as well. RAID 5 volume now showing 1 disk as inactive and array in degraded mode. No indications on the drive lights OR no notification sent by email to warn me. Growing considerably concerned about storing data on this server. Asustor needs to come up with a solution or provide some sort of return policy for a refund (or maybe pay us for beta testing their equipment).
Folorin wrote:Hi again,

Once again I am having problems. One of my disks is now inactive and as I am on RAID 5, have a degraded volume. I have set off a bad block scan but whats my next steps?

I must admit, I have had this for a week so far and two issues, both around the RAID array, this doesnt bode well for the unit and Im not impressed so far.

Regards
feejai

Post by feejai »

BTW, did you ever get the engineer from your other post to log into your NAS and figure out the issue?
Folorin wrote:Fixed after trawling the web and finding the answer. Zero the superblock and re-add it, its now resyncing.

I can find no errors in any logs and these are brand new drives, no error son full block scans or deep smart scans.

Any thoughts ?
Steve@AST

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi Folorin,

Does bad block scan finish? what's the result for the bad block scan?
if you allow, may I connect to your NAS to get some information for investigation again?

Wall-E

Folorin wrote:Hi again,

Regards
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano
Folorin

Post by Folorin »

the engineer did ial in and remount the volume, so v good service there.

the disk is no up and running, i will see how we get on beore troubling you further. if it continues to hang i will raise a seprate thread or asustor to investigate
Folorin

Post by Folorin »

sorry no errors on bad lock scan r deep smart scan.
Steve@AST

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi Folorin,

Thank you for the information, I will keep an eye on this thread.
by the way, we are going to release 1.0.5 today,
you can aslo upgrade the system later.

cheers,

Wall-E
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”