compatible hard drives

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

fishjack
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

compatible hard drives

Post by fishjack »

I am considering a AS1004T NAS box but first need to know if Western Digital 2 terabyte WD Re hard drives, model WD2000FYYZ, are compatible with it. The 3 terabyte and 4 terabyte versions of the same series of hard drives are compatible.

Thank you.
crazynas

Re: compatible hard drives

Post by crazynas »

Hi
Why are you use WD Re Enterprise HDD on AS1004T??
I suggest you buy WD red HDD on AS1004T.
Thanks!!!
fishjack

Post by fishjack »

Thanks for your thoughts.

I already have 3 of the WD Re 2tb drives and want to use them.
crazynas

Post by crazynas »

Hi
This for Datacenter use HDD, why do not you think about AS7004T model or AS-204TE/AS-304T?? ;)
fishjack

Post by fishjack »

I want a "simple" NAS box to manage and use. The AS1004T meets my needs in those regards. And it is quite a bit less expensive than other similar NAS boxes, at least it is where I live.

Not too long ago, I got an answer back from Asustor that hard drives in a series are downward compatible with the AS1004T. Therefore, the 2 terabyte WD Re drives are compatible because the 3 terabyte and 4 terabyte WD Re drives are.

Thank you for your interest, none the less.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

All of these NASes are "simple" in that they all have the same basic interface. The Web based ADM. There isn't much more on any of them to manage without it.

Having said that, though.... Without running a shell client on a PC you are never going to make as much use of your NAS as you could. And the CPU differences between the models makes a lion's share of differences in how well they work. Having both a 202T and a 7004T, I can tell you there are tones of differences in speed, stability and over-all functionality between these extremes.

I normally find crazybas's replies here well, almost offensive, with the lack of information he provides, or rather doesn't provide entirely. His replies always seem to be just $.02 short of complete or totally off the mark of the OP's questions.

I can also tell you I would never recommend any of Asustor's NASes ever again, unless it's the 7004T model or the larger brothers. The CPU's in the other models are just to under-powered to be taken seriously, IMO. For example, last night I synced 23 shows from my NAS running Plex in under 2 hours. If I tried to do this with the 202T it would have taken me at least 3 weeks. If it ever completed the first movie from the start....
fishjack

Post by fishjack »

Many thanks for the enlightenment.

I have had other comments from folks I know about me making things far too complicated for what I want to accomplish.

I picked the Asustor boxes because of favorable reviews they got on other websites I visit. I would be considering others, for the same reason, if I am to go ahead with what I have described. Thankfully, I have run into enough issues on my own that need resolution and heard enough comments that question what I am doing, to give me doubt about the whole plan.

Thanks once more for your help.

Return to “Presales”