Windows 7 audio under Virtualbox

Just about everything is virtual these days. Topics relating to virutalization go here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

hotmocha
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Windows 7 audio under Virtualbox

Post by hotmocha »

Hi Everyone,

I am a new proud owner of an Asustor AS5104T and so far I like it very much. I have been able to figure out how to get windows 7 fully installed and working under Virtualbox except for audio. I tried all combos available under the virtual machine config with no success. Has anyone been able to successfully get audio working through HDMI?

Thanks for your help.

Andre
damien599901

Re: Windows 7 audio under Virtualbox

Post by damien599901 »

hotmocha wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am a new proud owner of an Asustor AS5104T and so far I like it very much. I have been able to figure out how to get windows 7 fully installed and working under Virtualbox except for audio. I tried all combos available under the virtual machine config with no success. Has anyone been able to successfully get audio working through HDMI?

Thanks for your help.

Andre
hi André (french man?)

have you an icon of "headphones" in the down right corner of the screen?
if yes, click on the icon, then disable "headphones" and then you will have the sound with the speakers

tell me if this issue is solved or not.

have a nice day
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
hotmocha

Re: Windows 7 audio under Virtualbox

Post by hotmocha »

Sorry for the belated response, I have been busy. Not French, just the name is French. :-)

I disabled headphones with no luck. If you have it working do you mind letting me know what audio options you are selecting in the audio setting for the virtual machine please?

Thanks

Andre

Return to “Virtualization”