Problem configuring the Mail Client Software

ASUSTOR’s Mail Server offers a comprehensive and cost-effective solution that allows any business to easily maintain their own dedicated mail server.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Hughesy
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Problem configuring the Mail Client Software

Post by Hughesy »

Hi

I have tried following the instructions in the PDF file link http://support.asustor.com/index.php?/K ... sustor-nas , however, it does not appear to be up-to-date with the current Mail Server app on the NAS. I think I have set it up correctly but not sure.

The reason I am not sure is that I am struggling to setup the client mail software and successfully point it at the NAS mail server. The example uses firebird , however, I am struggling to get the client software to work on my Windows 10 laptop (presuming due to Windows 10). I have tried running as administrator etc............

Therefore, I have tried using Outlook 2007 on Windows 10. I am confused by the settings required and whether as per the document the mail account needs to be admin@<hostname>.ddns.net. Are the user and password values as per the hostname account or my admin account for the NAS? Also, not sure what smtp,pop3 settings I should use as it seems that firebird would have resolved them auto, so I have tried my hostname with a prefix of pop3 and smtp as a guess and without with no success.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark
methos

Re: Problem configuring the Mail Client Software

Post by methos »

i have the same problem(s)

Is there a possibility that the guide is updated en maybe more detailed :?
AS7008T, 16GB memory, 6x3TB WD Red
Vincent.T@AST

Post by Vincent.T@AST »

Hi Hughesy,

Once you complete the mail server configuration on NAS, each ADM account has his own mail box. When a user wants to access his mail box, he needs to use "ADM_account@your registered domain name" and the password of the ADM_account as login credential.

Secondly, our mail server supports SMTP, IMAP/POP3. On the mail client side, you can just input registered domain name for SMTP, IMAP/POP3 server settings. There is no need to add any prefix or suffix to the domain name.

For example: the registered domain name I set for my NAS is "asustor-mail.ddns.net", and there is an existing ADM account named "james". When James wants to setup Outlook (or other mail client SW), he needs to input "asustor-mail.ddns.net" in SMTP, IMAP/POP3 server settings and use "james@asustor-mail.ddns.net" as login account.
Vincent.T@AST

Post by Vincent.T@AST »

Hi Hughesy, methos,

Is my previous post answering your questions? Or if you have any other suggestion about improving our tutorial, please let us know so we can revise it. Thank you.
almorie

Post by almorie »

Vincent,
I have been looking at setting up an email server. The one question I have is how to add additional email accounts on the mail server. From your previous answer, it appears that you add a user account to the NAS.
My previous experience setting up an email server using Postfix, establishing email accounts were totally separate from server access accounts.
Could you clarify the process for adding an email account to a domain.
gianluigi1982

Post by gianluigi1982 »

Where are the mail stored in the NAS?
In which folder?
How can I access them to remove spam queued messages?

Return to “Mail Server”