Smart Download folder not working.

Download Center is an excellent download manager allows you to easily download and save files to your NAS. Your NAS can effectively replace your computer in helping you with any download jobs.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dexter
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Smart Download folder not working.

Post by dexter »

When i put files into the Smart download folder, files are not found before the Download center is opened, and preferences are opened too and closed by pressing ok. This is quite annoying ;(

Can another user please confirm they also use smart folder and it does not automatically download before app is opened.
crazynas

Re: Smart Download folder not working.

Post by crazynas »

Hi
Can you "disable" and "enable" Download center app on App Central?? ;)
Elrique64

Post by Elrique64 »

crazynas wrote:Hi
Can you "disable" and "enable" Download center app on App Central?? ;)
Why would he do that when the problem isn't about the app working, it's about smart folders working in the app itself?

Makes no sense... :(
dexter

Post by dexter »

a quick note,
somehow it started working by auto, some time after this post. i probably restarted a few times, and this made it start working. Been using it for a long time, except now most my sickbeard references are down, so its less usefull now.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I've been seeing a problem with this for the last few weeks. I have several torrent files in the smart folder that aren't picked up. I can open them with other torrenting tools, but can't add them into DLC.

I get an error message that pops up with this as a description: [object Object] is invalid.

It hasn't worked consistently since about the same time Python's SSL was broken. Can anyone suggest a fix?

I really wish Asustor would stop fixing things that aren't broken. Give us the original package for an app, not something modified or corrupted to fit their ideal of what we should have.
TS232

Post by TS232 »

Yes, it looks like last Download center update made it faulty. Smart download stopped working. Hopefully they fix that asap. :(
AS7004T
3x WD RED 6TB RAID5
1x WD RED 6TB MyArchive
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Has anyone got Smart Folder working yet? I have over 40 torrent files in mine and all of them error out trying to get them to manually add to the list. The error is something about an invalid file format.

These were all downloaded from CouchPotato, which was working perfectly before the Python problems started up.

This is getting ridiculous. Asustor can't seem to get updates out without breaking several apps, including their own, in the process.

Going to try Deluge for now, I think.
Vincent.T@AST

Post by Vincent.T@AST »

Hi MikeG.6.5,

We use AS3102 (2.5.0.RA73) to install CouchPotato (20150824), Python (2.7.10.r10) and Download Center (1.0.3.r797). The smart folder feature is working correctly with the torrent which is downloaded by CouchPotato.

Please let us know your NAS model, and the version of the related apps, so we can do some more simulation tests in our lab. Thank you.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Not even going to bother trying to get Download Center running. I have uTorrent going now, and it's doing what I want it to do. After the issues with the 202T and DLC causing the machine to spontaneously hang/reboot, I should have known it was going to cause issues with the 7004T.

I'm running on an AS-7004T with the same versions of aps you have listed, Vincent. uTorrent takes from the smart folder just perfectly, downloads the torrent, puts it into the proper folder for conversion with the correct name. Then my conversion scripts convert the media to MP4 H254, AAC first track, AC3 second if the original media contains more than stereo tracks, and sets the media up for optimized web streaming. If CP finds the file I want via newsgroups it sends to SABnzb+ and the process is repeated on that end. DLC created about 4 extra, needless steps with moving, deleting, renaming, etc. that no longer need to be done with my current system.

Most of the issues I'm having now are tied to an incomplete or incompatible Python implementation. When are we going to get the Python SSL errors resolved?
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

Hi Mike,

Are you still seeing Python SSL errors?
I thought these were resolved? http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php? ... keG#p19279

Or are you talking about issues within CouchPotato, SickBeard, SABnzbd? If so, I have just released new versions with pyOpenSSL module. these should be available soon in App Central, but I am happy to share the link with you if you want to test any specific App.

Otherwise, please confirm which Apps have SSL issues, and if these are not Mine, perhaps i can suggest which files you can copy over from my Apps to test if that is a "universal" fix.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index

Return to “Download Center”