(SOLVED)Cant access deluge - connection refused

Deluge is a full-featured ​BitTorrent client for Linux, OS X, Unix and Windows. It has been designed using the client server model with a daemon process that handles all the bittorrent activity. The Deluge daemon is able to run on headless machines with the user-interfaces being able to connect remotely from any platform.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mafredri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Cant access deluge - connection refused

Post by mafredri »

gibxxi wrote:Here's the modifications:

Code: Select all

start_daemon() {
    # Set umask to create files with world r/w
    umask 0

start-stop-daemon -S --pidfile "${DELUGED_PID}" --chuid "${CHUID}" \
		--user "${USER}" --exec "${DELUGED}" -- \
		--quiet --pidfile "${DELUGED_PID}" --config "${DELUGED_CONF}" \
		--logfile "${DELUGED_LOG}" --loglevel "${DELUGED_LOGLEVEL}"

start-stop-daemon -S --background --pidfile "${DELUGE_WEB_PID}" \
		--make-pidfile --chuid "${CHUID}" --user "${USER}" \
		--exec "${DELUGE_WEB}" -- \
		--quiet --config "${DELUGED_CONF}" --logfile "${DELUGE_WEB_LOG}" \
		--loglevel "${DELUGE_WEB_LOGLEVEL}"
}
This is not what I posted above, please try to copy paste it instead.
gibxxi wrote: The SU statement doesn't work. Complains that it must be an "suid" format.
Exact output of what you have typed and the error would be helpful
gibxxi wrote: Running the last command produces the following output: *snip*

The lines about missing config files are correct. These sections have not been configured yet, so config files will not have been written. Slightly confusing though is the one about the GeoIP database. That is set to app defaults. The GeoIP beta addon has been also installed, but that was also the case on the old setup and it worked fine. Also, why can't it find rar/7zr? I thought these packages were supplied by Asustor?
I don't see any GeoIP errors myself, but then again I haven't installed any plugins for it either. Asustor does not include rar / unrar but I do infact include unrar and 7zip in the deluge package, so it's a bit weird that they're not detected.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

mafredri wrote:Asustor does not include rar / unrar but I do infact include unrar and 7zip in the deluge package, so it's a bit weird that they're not detected.
Nevermind this, this happens because you are running the command manually, when starting as a service there is no problem.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

mafredri wrote:
gibxxi wrote:Here's the modifications:

Code: Select all

start_daemon() {
    # Set umask to create files with world r/w
    umask 0

start-stop-daemon -S --pidfile "${DELUGED_PID}" --chuid "${CHUID}" \
		--user "${USER}" --exec "${DELUGED}" -- \
		--quiet --pidfile "${DELUGED_PID}" --config "${DELUGED_CONF}" \
		--logfile "${DELUGED_LOG}" --loglevel "${DELUGED_LOGLEVEL}"

start-stop-daemon -S --background --pidfile "${DELUGE_WEB_PID}" \
		--make-pidfile --chuid "${CHUID}" --user "${USER}" \
		--exec "${DELUGE_WEB}" -- \
		--quiet --config "${DELUGED_CONF}" --logfile "${DELUGE_WEB_LOG}" \
		--loglevel "${DELUGE_WEB_LOGLEVEL}"
}
This is not what I posted above, please try to copy paste it instead.
I know that. I'm posting what I changed myself prior to your post.
mafredri wrote:
gibxxi wrote: The SU statement doesn't work. Complains that it must be an "suid" format.
Exact output of what you have typed and the error would be helpful
admin@AS5104T-A514:/volume1/home/admin $ su - admin
su: must be suid to work properly
admin@AS5104T-A514:/volume1/home/admin $

I'm guessing it's expecting a numerical value, which in the case of the admin user would be 999.

mafredri wrote:
gibxxi wrote: Running the last command produces the following output: *snip*

The lines about missing config files are correct. These sections have not been configured yet, so config files will not have been written. Slightly confusing though is the one about the GeoIP database. That is set to app defaults. The GeoIP beta addon has been also installed, but that was also the case on the old setup and it worked fine. Also, why can't it find rar/7zr? I thought these packages were supplied by Asustor?
I don't see any GeoIP errors myself, but then again I haven't installed any plugins for it either. Asustor does not include rar / unrar but I do infact include unrar and 7zip in the deluge package, so it's a bit weird that they're not detected.
I will check the file system via SFTP against the default path you specify in the Deluge default config.
___ GibsonXXI ___
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"

NAS1: Asustor AS5104T | NAS2: Infrant Repertoire U4 (Modified)
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

I'm giving up on Deluge for the time being. This is just going round in circles.

What I know at this stage:
  • Firmware 2.5.0.B8P1 is not ready for primetime use. Install with EXTREME caution!
  • Deluge will not auto-start upon NAS start at all. No logs are created. The service just fails to start.
  • SSL access isn't working using self-signed certificates, even with the updated package. With SSL enabled, access to the WebUI fails for both HTTP and HTTPS.
  • Blocklist retrieval isn't working.
  • Remote Access doesn't work. Claims an "incorrect password" in the logs when I know damn well the password IS correct.
  • Python 2.7.10.r10 is buggy / potentially broken which is causing additional problems in Deluge, which makes use of it.
  • Downgrade back to 2.4.2.RIG1 or any earlier Firmware is not possible. Factory default simply resets the Beta Firmware (as expected).
I've got better things to do than bug-test Asustor's partially finished firmware, I'll revisit this at a later date when the firmware is more mature. I don't do torrents much anyhow, so the amount of effort required diagnosing this isn't worth it. Thanks for your help anyway mafredri.

Dan / Gib.
___ GibsonXXI ___

mafredri

Post by mafredri »

gibxxi wrote:I know that. I'm posting what I changed myself prior to your post.
Ok, I thought it was the modification you are currently trying.
gibxxi wrote:admin@AS5104T-A514:/volume1/home/admin $ su - admin
su: must be suid to work properly
Ah, you are already admin, then there's no reason to do su - admin (only if you were root).
gibxxi wrote:I will check the file system via SFTP against the default path you specify in the Deluge default config.
I do btw include GeoIP data with Deluge, so you might not need the GeoIP plugin. If you point me to the plugin you are using, though, I can investigate it also, but no promises.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

gibxxi wrote:I'm giving up on Deluge for the time being. This is just going round in circles.

What I know at this stage:
  • Firmware 2.5.0.B8P1 is not ready for primetime use. Install with EXTREME caution!
  • Deluge will not auto-start upon NAS start at all. No logs are created. The service just fails to start.
  • SSL access isn't working using self-signed certificates, even with the updated package. With SSL enabled, access to the WebUI fails for both HTTP and HTTPS.
  • Blocklist retrieval isn't working.
  • Remote Access doesn't work. Claims an "incorrect password" in the logs when I know damn well the password IS correct.
  • Python 2.7.10.r10 is buggy / potentially broken which is causing additional problems in Deluge, which makes use of it.
  • Downgrade back to 2.4.2.RIG1 or any earlier Firmware is not possible. Factory default simply resets the Beta Firmware (as expected).
I've got better things to do than bug-test Asustor's partially finished firmware, I'll revisit this at a later date when the firmware is more mature. I don't do torrents much anyhow, so the amount of effort required diagnosing this isn't worth it. Thanks for your help anyway mafredri.

Dan / Gib.
Sorry to hear, I will not be installing any beta firmware myself, so debugging some of these problems will have to wait. The WebUI and Daemon are two separate services, to properly help you debug I need to know detailed descriptions of what is wrong so I can figure out the errors that are happening. This list of problems is much larger than I was led to believe from before.
  • I can still try to investigate the auto starting, if I can reproduce it on current firmware
  • SSL I will also test, but it can be failing due to a newer version of OpenSSL on the beta firmware (hard to say if that's the reason though)
  • I've never used the blocklist plugin, any debug output from trying to use it would be helpful
  • With remote access, do you mean WebUI or trying to connect to the daemon? Keep in mind that the WebUI password and the daemon login/password are separate
Anyway, thanks for hanging in there as long as you did. If you feel up for some more debugging, give me a ping :).
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

It's daemon access that's not working. Had this working fine on the previous setup I had running. Deluge for Windows connecting to Deluge for NAS. Set it up exactly the same as I remember doing it last time. I'm attempting to log in using the "admin" credentials with the remote daemon. Is there something I forgot? I did manage to get it working once after my factory default, but this is before patching in the Beta firmware. I don't usually use Beta test firmware or software either, but given the recent issues with SSL / Python on other apps I was "hopeful" the beta might fix some of the issues. Alas that doesn't seem to be the case. Lesson learned.
___ GibsonXXI ___

gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

I'm as keen to get this sorted as you are mafredri. At the end of the day, with the fact I know Python has issues, I've put on hold installing any Python-based add-ons ATM, given that I'm pretty certain each one is going to give me issues that I can't fix. However, if you require any specific logs, settings or output files to assist you, send me a PM and I'll send you whatever you need.
___ GibsonXXI ___

mafredri

Post by mafredri »

For anyone reading this thread, the issues mentioned here should now all be sorted out thanks to the relentless testing of gibxxi, cheers! Check out my GitHub for the update.
topcat

Post by topcat »

Hi mafredri,

I was reading, and this was very helpful! The latest git source fixed all my issues on ADM 2.4.2. Thanks a bunch!!!!!! :)

Return to “Deluge”