(SOLVED)Cant access deluge - connection refused

Deluge is a full-featured ​BitTorrent client for Linux, OS X, Unix and Windows. It has been designed using the client server model with a daemon process that handles all the bittorrent activity. The Deluge daemon is able to run on headless machines with the user-interfaces being able to connect remotely from any platform.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

bcskunk
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

(SOLVED)Cant access deluge - connection refused

Post by bcskunk »

Strangely all of a sudden I cannot access the deluge application on my NAS.

I'm on a PC on the same subnet as the NAS and I can access the NAS itself without any problems. However when I click on the deluge application I get connection refused. It is using the default port 8112.

I've been using deluge without issues for the past 6 months and all of a sudden it stopped working. Have already tried a different browser, restart PC, restart router, restart NAS to no avail.

I really can't figure it out. I really think it is some security setting but I checked everything and cant see anything wrong.

Please help!
bcskunk

Re: Cant access deluge - connection refused

Post by bcskunk »

I tried to restart it via the command below but its saying file not found. I'm STUMPED.

/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/deluge/CONTROL $ ./start-stop.sh r
estart
Starting Deluge...
start-stop-daemon: can't execute '/usr/local/AppCentral/deluge/bin/deluged': No such file or directory
sillysheep

Post by sillysheep »

What version of Python is your NAS running? Deluge started to fail for me once Python got updated to 2.7.10+
bcskunk

Post by bcskunk »

Hey silly,

I'm using 2.7.10R10.

Anyway to rollback?

I've also tried factory resetting the NAS and router but still doesnt work! CRAZY!
sillysheep

Post by sillysheep »

Unfortunately, I don't know either. The only thing I know how to do is watch this page for a new release so that I can try to update deluge manually.

https://github.com/mafredri/deluge-apkg/releases
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

Hi, I'm currently on vacation, but this should be fixed in the latest version, which I haven't published on GitHub, and I suppose it hasn't gone through the app central review process yet.

Take a look here https://github.com/mafredri/deluge-apkg/issues/4

Sorry you're experiencing these problems, hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
Aragorni

Post by Aragorni »

I could not open deluge Web Ui at all. Tried deleting and installing again but just didn't start.
So I downloaded the latest version (deluge_1.3.11-r1) and then it started working again.
Is there any way to get my torrents back so I don't have to manually add them all?
I tried copying the deluge\state -folder after installing but that didn't work.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

Unfortunately, unless you backed up your entire /volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge folder, I don't think there is a way to recover your settings except for doing them again and downloading all missing torrents.

One thing you can try is stop the Deluge app, restore what settings you have and then start it again. Deluge constantly updates its state so it cannot be running while you attempt this.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
Aragorni

Post by Aragorni »

Okay, I will try that next time. Thank you! :)
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

The update works mafredri, but it won't autostart on the new ADM 2.5 Beta. Just a heads-up. Need to stop and restart the service to get it to run.
___ GibsonXXI ___
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"

NAS1: Asustor AS5104T | NAS2: Infrant Repertoire U4 (Modified)

Return to “Deluge”