[Unofficial] Sonarr (with Bittorrent support) and Mono

Sonarr is a PVR for Usenet and BitTorrent users. It can monitor multiple RSS feeds for new episodes of your favorite shows and will grab, sort and rename them. It can also be configured to automatically upgrade the quality of files already downloaded when a better quality format becomes available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mafredri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [Unofficial] Sonarr (with Bittorrent support) and Mono

Post by mafredri »

renocz wrote:Thanks both of you for the follow up around Sonarr who is actually so great :)

Mathias, i tried to go back to the develop branch and i have still the same issue. In fact yes, if I don't use the restart function, it works like that but as soon as you have an update (automaticly in my case), you are blocked, that's why i prefer restart and use the directory after.

Cheers,

Renaud
This actually seems like a bug with Sonarr, so I will have to check with upstream what to do about it. I have never encountered this bug when selecting "Install update" from the UI, but clicking restart definitely triggered the weird behavior. I have not tried automatic updates, but I guess they also trigger the weird behavior (will have to test).

Regards,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

MrK wrote:Hey Mathias, you didn't step on my toes at all. I was just wondering why you would want to great something that's already there (although not in your favorite flavor). But it's a very good thing to create the package that suits you - that's the beauty of open source.

I have no ego regarding the packages I create. Basically I enjoy created packages and fiddling around compiling necessary components, solving build errors and so on (that urge comes and goes). The initial support I do like (I like them work fine) but as soon as all the simple question start coming up I'm bored. That's why I think that I'm not very good at supporting.
For example I created an MediaBrowser v3 package more than half a year ago. I didn't release it just to avoid the questions "it won't play movie X in my browser Y" or "playpack is stuttering". For me these are "let me google that for you" questions, or "log in to your nas and check the cpu/ram load".

So, no hard feelings from me. You're doing excellent work IMHO.

/Thomas
Ok, I'm glad!

Hehe, I can feel you in regards to support. Sometimes it can be frustrating, and fixing bugs / making software run without kinks is much more fun, but generally rewarding when people get software working as they want.

Thanks for the compliments, and just so you know your work has been inspirational for me when I got started with developing for ADM, so thanks for that :)!

Regards,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
renocz

Post by renocz »

Thanks Mathias! Don't hesitate to ask me if you need some help for test!

Cheers,

Renaud

NAS: Synology DS210J + 2 To // Asustor AS302T + Western Red 4 To

Other:Raspberry PI XBMC // NUC d34010wyk XBMC 13.0 // Macbook Pro 15" 2013
Iphone 5s // Galaxy S3 // Ipad 3 //Ipad Mini
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

renocz wrote:Thanks both of you for the follow up around Sonarr who is actually so great :)

Mathias, i tried to go back to the develop branch and i have still the same issue. In fact yes, if I don't use the restart function, it works like that but as soon as you have an update (automaticly in my case), you are blocked, that's why i prefer restart and use the directory after.

Cheers,

Renaud
Hmm, I tried this myself now, I enabled automatic updates (and I am using the built-in updater). There are no problems. The only time a problem is encountered is when manually pressing the restart button (which should not be done until the issue can be resolved properly).

Regards,
Mathias
damien599901

Post by damien599901 »

Hi Mathias

will you submit your great app (sincerely) to ASUSTOR for App Central?
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air

Return to “sonarr”