[Unofficial] Sonarr (with Bittorrent support) and Mono

Sonarr is a PVR for Usenet and BitTorrent users. It can monitor multiple RSS feeds for new episodes of your favorite shows and will grab, sort and rename them. It can also be configured to automatically upgrade the quality of files already downloaded when a better quality format becomes available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mafredri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [Unofficial] Sonarr (with Bittorrent support) and Mono

Post by mafredri »

Bon3 wrote:Awesome work mafredri... I switched back from SickRage.. :D

Keep up the good work!
Thanks, glad you like it! :)
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
renocz

Post by renocz »

Nope sir, no nzbdrone installed on my nas anymore

NAS: Synology DS210J + 2 To // Asustor AS302T + Western Red 4 To

Other:Raspberry PI XBMC // NUC d34010wyk XBMC 13.0 // Macbook Pro 15" 2013
Iphone 5s // Galaxy S3 // Ipad 3 //Ipad Mini
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

renocz wrote:Nope sir, no nzbdrone installed on my nas anymore
Alright, would you mind logging in on the NAS and running this command

Code: Select all

ps -ef | grep mono
and

ls -lha /usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/config
Would be interested to see which parameters it's running with and if something weird is going on with the config folder.

Cheers,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
renocz

Post by renocz »

Hi Mathias,

Thanks again for your help!
mafredri wrote:
renocz wrote:Nope sir, no nzbdrone installed on my nas anymore
Alright, would you mind logging in on the NAS and running this command

ps -ef | grep mono
Please find below the result:

11976 root       0:00 grep mono
24669 admin     60:00 /usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/bin/mono --debug /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/sonarr/Sonarr/NzbDrone.exe --restart --nobrowser
mafredri wrote: and

ls -lha /usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/config

total 252
drwxrwxrwx    5 admin    administ    4.0K Feb 11 13:14 ./
drwxr-xr-x    9 root     root        4.0K Feb  8 19:32 ../
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    administ       3 Jan 24 19:40 .config -> ..//
drwxrwxrwx    4 admin    administ    4.0K Feb  8 19:47 Backups/
drwxrwxrwx    2 admin    administ    4.0K Feb  8 19:36 UpdateLogs/
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    administ     488 Feb 11 13:12 config.xml
-rw-rw-r--    1 admin    administ     424 Jan 25 11:27 config_base.xml
drwxrwxrwx    2 admin    administ    4.0K Feb  8 18:23 logs/
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    administ   23.0K Feb 11 13:14 logs.db
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    administ  196.0K Feb 11 13:14 nzbdrone.db
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    administ       5 Feb 11 13:12 nzbdrone.pid
mafredri wrote: Would be interested to see which parameters it's running with and if something weird is going on with the config folder.
I had a previous nzbdrone setup based on the package available on AppCentral. Again, except this "issue" everything is fine for me.

Cheers,

Renaud

mafredri

Post by mafredri »

renocz wrote:

24669 admin     60:00 /usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/bin/mono --debug /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/sonarr/Sonarr/NzbDrone.exe --restart --nobrowser
Thanks for the output! This is really interesting, are you running the master branch by any chance? Because for me the output of ps -ef would show:

8860 admin     52:15 /usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/bin/mono --debug /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/sonarr/Sonarr/NzbDrone.exe /data=/usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/config /nobrowser
See the difference, mine uses /data=, /nobrowser whereas yours is using --nobrowser.

Also, config directory looks fine.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

mafredri wrote:
renocz wrote:

Thanks for the output! This is really interesting, are you running the master branch by any chance? Because for me the output of ps -ef would show:

8860 admin     52:15 /usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/bin/mono --debug /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/sonarr/Sonarr/NzbDrone.exe /data=/usr/local/AppCentral/sonarr/config /nobrowser
See the difference, mine uses /data=, /nobrowser whereas yours is using --nobrowser.

Also, config directory looks fine.
Oh, I actually managed to reproduce this by restarting sonarr through the interface (i.e. if you click restart in sonarr this will happpen). A normal update will not mess it up, but restarting will, so that should currently NOT be done through the sonarr interface! I will try to investigate this further.

PS. Another problem with this is that the Asustor App Central will not be able to "stop" Sonarr after it has been restarted due to the change in the config directory.
MrK

Post by MrK »

Hi guys,

@ Mathias : Bittorrent support is part of the develop branch which you can switch to in the GUI (and update to latest version). And of course renaming the config directory would easy. And the benefit of linking the config directory from /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone|sonarr/config to $HOME/.config/NzbDrone is that even restarting using the GUI is working since Sonarr is expecting the config data to be in that location. At the time when I created the package there was not parameter for specifying the data directory, they told me. Maybe that changed.

And maybe I can ask ASUSTOR you can take over since I'm notorious bad as supporting the packages I created - at least after they work fine.
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

MrK wrote:Hi guys,

@ Mathias : Bittorrent support is part of the develop branch which you can switch to in the GUI (and update to latest version). And of course renaming the config directory would easy. And the benefit of linking the config directory from /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone|sonarr/config to $HOME/.config/NzbDrone is that even restarting using the GUI is working since Sonarr is expecting the config data to be in that location. At the time when I created the package there was not parameter for specifying the data directory, they told me. Maybe that changed.

And maybe I can ask ASUSTOR you can take over since I'm notorious bad as supporting the packages I created - at least after they work fine.
Hey MrK,

I hope I didn't step on any toes or anything with this release, that was at least not my intention. I appreciate your efforts in releasing NzbDrone for ADM, and must admit that I did not even try it out (only checked the source) before creating my own. Due to this I get the feeling I might have come across as "f*** this, I can do it better", sorry about that.

And in regards to maintainership of the package, if you don't have time / don't want to maintain it any longer, I don't mind taking over. However, I hope that this release didn't discourage you from maintaining it yourself.

Regards,
Mathias
MrK

Post by MrK »

mafredri wrote:I hope I didn't step on any toes or anything with this release, that was at least not my intention. I appreciate your efforts in releasing NzbDrone for ADM, and must admit that I did not even try it out (only checked the source) before creating my own. Due to this I get the feeling I might have come across as "f*** this, I can do it better", sorry about that.

And in regards to maintainership of the package, if you don't have time / don't want to maintain it any longer, I don't mind taking over. However, I hope that this release didn't discourage you from maintaining it yourself.
Hey Mathias, you didn't step on my toes at all. I was just wondering why you would want to great something that's already there (although not in your favorite flavor). But it's a very good thing to create the package that suits you - that's the beauty of open source.

I have no ego regarding the packages I create. Basically I enjoy created packages and fiddling around compiling necessary components, solving build errors and so on (that urge comes and goes). The initial support I do like (I like them work fine) but as soon as all the simple question start coming up I'm bored. That's why I think that I'm not very good at supporting.
For example I created an MediaBrowser v3 package more than half a year ago. I didn't release it just to avoid the questions "it won't play movie X in my browser Y" or "playpack is stuttering". For me these are "let me google that for you" questions, or "log in to your nas and check the cpu/ram load".

So, no hard feelings from me. You're doing excellent work IMHO.

/Thomas
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
renocz

Post by renocz »

Thanks both of you for the follow up around Sonarr who is actually so great :)

Mathias, i tried to go back to the develop branch and i have still the same issue. In fact yes, if I don't use the restart function, it works like that but as soon as you have an update (automaticly in my case), you are blocked, that's why i prefer restart and use the directory after.

Cheers,

Renaud

Return to “sonarr”