Tweaking options in config?

ASUSTOR’s Mail Server offers a comprehensive and cost-effective solution that allows any business to easily maintain their own dedicated mail server.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

HansTh
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Tweaking options in config?

Post by HansTh »

Hi there,

In my current setup I have an Ubuntu mailserver with Postfix, Dovecot, sqlgrey (greylisting) and SpamAssassin and it works very well, I might add. Since we now have this mailserver app available I thought I might give it a try and let the AS-202T handle my mail instead of doing a necessary, major upgrade on my server. I only have 2 local users on the server so performance isn't my biggest concern, but reliability is.

I realize that I'd have to convert from SA på DSPAM and I'm okay with that for now (I would like some greylisting, though), but I need some specific configuration settings in the Postfix main.cf file (relay-domains, in particular) in order to keep my setup running which I can't find in the webman-interface.

So, my real question is : how receptable is this app to direct tweaking in the config files? Can it be done or will it revert to default settings after next reboot? In case of the latter I don't see the point for me in trying this app for the time being.
Best Regards,
HansTh.

Return to “Mail Server”