Configure Mail server?

ASUSTOR’s Mail Server offers a comprehensive and cost-effective solution that allows any business to easily maintain their own dedicated mail server.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

popman
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Configure Mail server?

Post by popman »

Hi.
Trying to get the mail server to work.
I got the mailserver up and running and if I add a external mailbox to an alias the mail is forwarded to this adress.
How do i get the mailserver to store the recieved mails on the server, so that they can be retrieved by a mail client later?
Do i need to activate some other function/application to do this?

Thankful for help
Peter
damien599901

Re: Configure Mail server?

Post by damien599901 »

Hi

please help you with this link : http://support.asustor.com/index.php?/K ... sustor-nas

;)

Damien
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
popman

Post by popman »

I followed the instructions on that page.

Should I install firebird on Asustor, or are they just showing how to configure a mailclient so it would be able to connect to the server and retrieve the mails?

How do i configure the mailserver to accept the mails and store them on the Asustor waiting for a mailclient to ask for the mails?
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Hello Popman,

For now there is no mailclient available on the Asustor. I have requested that they supply one (e.g. Rainloop), but in the meantime you could install Roundcube on your NAS or a mail client on a workstation. Roundcube requires a SQL database (which you'll need to create whereas Rainloop doesn't. Roundcube does work on the NAS by default and Rainloop won't.

As for the configuration of the mailserver; make sure port 25 (tcp) is forwarded to your NAS. Also make sure you have MX records setup for your domain pointing to your external IP address.
On the tab SMTP you can setup the domains for which you would like to receive your e-mail. You can also setup an forwarding SMTP server to deliver e-mail to if you need this.
You then need to configure user access to the e-mail by configuring the IMAP/POP3 tab. I suggest you only use the SSL/TLS option of IMAP.

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656

Return to “Mail Server”