[Official] Deluge (BitTorrent client)

Deluge is a full-featured ​BitTorrent client for Linux, OS X, Unix and Windows. It has been designed using the client server model with a daemon process that handles all the bittorrent activity. The Deluge daemon is able to run on headless machines with the user-interfaces being able to connect remotely from any platform.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mafredri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[Official] Deluge (BitTorrent client)

Post by mafredri »

Hello,

since open source is all about choice, I've created a package for Deluge.

About
Deluge is an excellent BitTorrent client with a client-server model so you can control it either through the included web-interface or through a desktop application that connects to the daemon running on your NAS. It's also design to be lightweight.

More information regarding Deluge can be found on the about page.

Configuration
The default login password for the Web-UI is: deluge
I have also enabled by default remote connections to the the daemon port on 58846 with the following details:
Username: admin
Password: admin

A desktop client can be used to connect to the Deluge server running on the NAS by going into Preferences -> Interface and disabling Classic Mode. After restarting the client you can Add a new connection in the Connection Manager. Use hostname/ip of the NAS and the username and password provided above. Connect and enjoy!

If you prefer to not allow remote connections it can be disabled in the Web-UI. You can also manage your entire Deluge configuration in the admin-users home-directory. (Full path: /volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge). From the ASUSTOR file-manager that would be .config/deluge.

Status
More information can be found at the github project page (deluge-apkg). Feel free to report any possible issues there as well.

Download
Current version: 1.3.11
Deluge APK releases on GitHub

I hope you enjoy,
Mathias
Last edited by mafredri on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
miluthui

Re: [Unofficial] Deluge (BitTorrent client)

Post by miluthui »

Nice app but the latest version is 1.3.7 can u update it ? ;)

Btw there seems to be a bug in the preferences, it can't save the allocation setting when I select "Use Full" it's always back to "Use Compact". When adding a new torrent the allocation option doesn't work as well it's always "Use Compact".
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

miluthui wrote:Nice app but the latest version is 1.3.7 can u update it ? ;)

Btw there seems to be a bug in the preferences, it can't save the allocation setting when I select "Use Full" it's always back to "Use Compact". When adding a new torrent the allocation option doesn't work as well it's always "Use Compact".
Looks like 1.3.7 was released <2 days ago. Since this is built from the 1.3-stable git branch it's only a couple of commits behind. Meaning it's "almost" 1.3.7, but I will update it none-the-less. Thanks for pointing it out :).

I will have a look at the allocation bug, "full" allocation should be the default. If there are any other problems, please report back :).

EDIT: Changing the compact allocation works just fine for me. Could you log in with SSH and post the output from running the following command?

Code: Select all

cat /volume1/home/admin/.config/deluge/core.conf | grep compact_allocation
Then try to change the settings, wait 30 seconds (might take a little time before the config file on disk is updated) and re-run the command

Cheers,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
miluthui

Post by miluthui »

It says "compact_allocation": false,

maybe it's my browser Chrome that was acting weird, I try closing the tab then opening it again and this time Deluge remembers the setting I set.

Deluge has a nice and clean interface but its download speed seems slower than uTorrent I've got a torrent running in Deluge for several hours now and it never reaches my maximum download speed like uTorrent usually does. :?
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

Ok, glad it's working now! :)

Hmm, for me Deluge gives me better speeds than the other torrent clients. Have you tried disabling "Use random ports" in Preferences -> Network and set it to e.g. the default 6881 to 6891 and then make sure the port range is forwarded from your router to your NAS?

In Preferences -> Bandwidth there's also settings for "Per torrent bandwidth usage", I have all of these set to -1. Deluge is very configurable and can be tweaked to your specific needs. Keep in mind that changing this setting might not change the torrents your have already added to Deluge! So you might need to change them manually per torrent.

Cheers,
Mathias
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

I've updated the Deluge APK to 1.3.7, I've also updated the download link on my first post.

Cheers,
Mathias
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

Version 1.3.7-r2 has been released! Grab it while it's hot https://github.com/mafredri/deluge-apkg ... g/1.3.7-r2
miluthui

Post by miluthui »

Thanks for the update! I just found out that I can get maximum download speed just by unchecking the "Rate limit IP overhead" option.

One thing that still bothers me is the full file allocation, why can't Deluge preallocate all files immediately like uTorrent on Windows does? can u make it so that all the files and folders appear immediately right after adding the torrent even when it's on queue?

And can u make the seed and peer columns appear as default whenever Deluge starts?
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

miluthui wrote:Thanks for the update! I just found out that I can get maximum download speed just by unchecking the "Rate limit IP overhead" option.

One thing that still bothers me is the full file allocation, why can't Deluge preallocate all files immediately like uTorrent on Windows does? can u make it so that all the files and folders appear immediately right after adding the torrent even when it's on queue?

And can u make the seed and peer columns appear as default whenever Deluge starts?
Glad you're enjoying Deluge! :)

As far as I know Deluge uses full file allocation by default, which option is selected in your settings? Also, I don't think Deluge allocates files while a torrent is in queue and there's not really anything I can do about that. You could leave a request with the developers of deluge at deluge-torrent.org for the feature.

Unfortunately the Deluge web-interface isn't quite as configurable as the GTK/Windows client, however, you can use the GTK/Windows client to connect to your Deluge instance running on the NAS, I've updated the first post with instructions for setting it up.

Regards,
Mathias
miluthui

Post by miluthui »

The full file allocation option is already selected but Deluge doesn't fully allocate all files at once for example if I add a torrent which have 3 files then it'll take a few minutes for the 1st file to appear and a few minutes more later for the 2nd file and a few minutes more later for the 3rd files. With uTorrent on Windows all the 3 files appear immediately even a torrent in queue have its files and folders fully allocated.
This is important for me because I usually download movies and I want to save cover, screenshot and sub to the movie folder right after adding the torrent. I don't want to wait a long time for the folder to appear just so I can save those files to it.

Using a desktop windows client to control Deluge on NAS sounds silly to me, I'd rather use the browser or an android app to control it. I have transdrone installed on my android phone and it can connect to Deluge just fine but it only provides basic torrent controls and can't change any settings in Deluge at all. Would be awesome if there's an official Deluge app for android.

Return to “Deluge”