SoundsGood won't scan entire library

SoundsGood is a Web music player that allows you to listen to all the music stored on your NAS via a Web browser. It supports browsing by artist, album or folder along with keyword searches to help you quickly find the music you want to listen to. The easy to use interface lets you effortlessly create playlists, creating a personalized listening experience. Additionally, SoundsGood supports ASUSTOR NAS’s multimedia playback interface allowing you to connect speakers to the NAS via HDMI, USB or audio jack, turning SoundsGood into your local music player.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

finurliig
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: aiMusic won't scan entire library

Post by finurliig »

Disappointment: after todays update of ADM and an update of the soundsgood app I tried to rescan the music library, but it was no use: stil, less than half of my music files gets scanned. :cry:

Thanks for the tip on the logitech media server. Think I'll go for that instead.....
finurliig

Post by finurliig »

I appears that the logitech media server has vanished from the download page within ADM? Is the because of the update of ADM?
orion

Post by orion »

finurliig wrote:I appears that the logitech media server has vanished from the download page within ADM? Is the because of the update of ADM?
You can find it in Beta Apps.
finurliig

Post by finurliig »

Thank you Orion: I have been trying out LMS for a couple of days, and it works like a charm :D

I'm using squeezePlayer and orange Squeeze as a player on my (android) phone and tablets and I've never seen anything better.

Originally I intended to use Plex media player for streaming, bur the android app seems to be poorly put together:

*First of all, the server app on the nas routinely gives out and needs to be rebooted at least once a day.
*Second, playback randomly stops and the server diasappears from the list. I can rarely play an entire album without it happening.
*Thirdly, when in folder view, the android client app truncates the folder names, o it's impossible to see whats in ech folder...?

In short: plex is, unfortunately, crap.

Logitech media server has , as far as I can see, none of these shortcomings, and works perfectly. Problem solved. Me happy! :D
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

Same problem here.

I had little time to investigate but it seems to me that Soundsgood has some problems with folder/file names containing the

"&" character.
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

It's the "&" character indeed.

To "fix" the unscanned mp3s, until Asustor fixes Soundsgood you can do this:

(with Soundsgood active):

-check the unscanned folder for the "&" char both in folders and files.
-remove it from every instance (put, for example, a 'and' instead).
-move the entire folder *outside* the monitored partition (/Music).
-move again the entire folder *inside* the monitored partition (/Music).
-Give it some minutes and the missing folder should show up.

d.
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
higherdemon

Post by higherdemon »

Now that is known what the problem I hope for a fix. I have hundreds of files with the & character...
louis077

Re: SoundsGood won't scan entire library

Post by louis077 »

I have the same problem with my 400GB library. I'm going to give logitech a run.

-----------------EDIT-----------------------

miniDLNA app in beta works great. I would recommend this to anyone having trouble. Give the NAS a quick reboot and you are good to go.
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

In my case, after the last update, it simply stops again to index the mp3 (the "&" trick doens't work anymore) but, in exchange, it keeps on trying so i have my HDDs in perpetual spinning.....

Now, how much time asustor is aware of the indexing problem?
AS-304T
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

Ok, found what the latest bug is:

last version of soundgood can't index files nested in more deep levels of folder.

Example:

my collection is organized as:

Code: Select all

Music/
        /Artists/
                   /name of the artist/
                                               /album
If i have files in the 'name of the artist' level it gets indexed. If the file is in the album level it doesn't.
But Soundsgood *tries* to index it (without managing), since the disk are contantly spinning, unless i turn SG off.
AS-304T

Return to “SoundsGood”