App Central ends support for KODI (what we can do)

Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub \

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Caesar-NL
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: App Central ends support for KODI (what we can do)

Post by Caesar-NL »

Hi Philippe,

Perhaps there is some kind of misunderstanding, but I cant find myHD in the download section of Asustor.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Caesar-NL wrote:Hi Philippe,
Perhaps there is some kind of misunderstanding, but I cant find myHD in the download section of Asustor.
[Download] section IN THE POST ... get the APKG's and install it manually through "App. Central"
I put the link to the post and not the link to the APKG because IT'S VERY IMPORTANT to read the post before installing, to avoid misunderstanding (installing a full Ubuntu take some time ... so a better way is proposed by downloading FIRST the Ubuntu environment then install myHD ... even installing only myHD is possible ... but with a more long elapse time due to the download of the environment)

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Caesar-NL

Post by Caesar-NL »

Ah, I didn't see that. It's indeed quite a lot to read, I will have a look at it.
Caesar-NL

Post by Caesar-NL »

Hi Philippe.

Well, I have installed myHD, and the last thing I have to do is to install Kodi. I have installed the Kodi package, and now I'm stuck.

The problem is that myHD is accessible with Putty, but when I click on myHD, the screen just flashes, nothing else happens.

I had a similar experience wiith PuTTY when I tried to connect to the NAS. PuTTY tried to set up a connection using IPv6, and that didn't work. I have to force PuTTY to use IPv4 to make the connection.

If myHD has the IPv6 stack incorporated, and it tries to make a network connection to x.org using localhost, then it will use the IPv6 stack. And guess what, our friends at Asustor hardly do anything with IPv6. Most of the ADM utilities are IPv4 only, very silly for a new type of NAS like mine. So I expect that x.org is IPv4 only, and then the connection will fail

Is that possible?

Best regards,

Dirk
Caesar-NL

Post by Caesar-NL »

It wasn't IPv6 I'm afraid. I switche dit off, rebooted, and the problem remained

By the way, in you manual you state that myHD needs its own directory in /share. The best way to create that directory is by using the file manager utility in ADM.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

myHD is isolated BUT share network with A.D.M. (so IPv4, IPv6 and Unix socket) ... and connect itself to Xorg (A.D.M.) using a Unix socket ... so not related to IPv4 nor IPv6

If your screen flash (HDMI / Asportal) it's generally due to the use of private ssh keys, because, for this release (and before) I use a shh connection to myHD with SSH Keys (to don't have password request.
can you .
stop myHD :
myHD stop
... go to root .ssh folder
cd /root/.ssh
if id_rsa and id_rsa.pub are not LINK to /usr/etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key and /usr/etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub
please remove (delete it) or move it to a safe place
then restart myHD
myHD start

If this work as well ... follow the change indicated in the forum, to workaround this problem
In next release, I will use a new method (namespace re-attach) to avoid problem with ssh keys.

BUT perhaps it's another thing, so please provide more detailed information.

Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Caesar-NL wrote: By the way, in you manual you state that myHD needs its own directory in /share. The best way to create that directory is by using the file manager utility in ADM.

don't understand ??? perhaps it's due to the fact ... that I am French :roll: nobody is perfect and perhaps do an incorrect sentence somewhere ... but, please, give me more detail.
NOBODY can create folder in /share except the Web Admin in the shared resource management. ... so NO I don't want any folder in /share BUT I can use some of them in myHD (default NO shared resource are visible in myHD ... it's YOUR choice to add it using myHD command interface or myHD Webui)

Philippe.
Caesar-NL

Post by Caesar-NL »

Perhaps this is misunderstanding

Anyway, in the browser window on the NAS on my PC, I open the File Explorer utility. I right-click on the ADM symbol and the "Create New Shared Folder" option appears. With that I created the myHD folder (and other folders as well).
Caesar-NL

Post by Caesar-NL »

I suppose this helps?

Code: Select all

root@AS5202T-1187:/volume1/.@root # myHD start
myHD start ... requested
get keys from Asportal / get sound def.
myHD astr user exist ...
Download Ubuntu if not yet available
Now start jchroot in background
now start in background a survey to manage a clean exit
==== PROBLEM : dropbear is not started after 1 minutes
==== DO NOTHING more
Caesar-NL

Post by Caesar-NL »

some more

Code: Select all

root@AS5202T-1187:/ # find . -name dropbear.*
./volume1/.@plugins/.myHD/1804/var/lib/dpkg/info/dropbear.prerm
./volume1/.@plugins/.myHD/1804/var/lib/dpkg/info/dropbear.preinst
./volume1/.@plugins/.myHD/1804/var/lib/dpkg/info/dropbear.md5sums
./volume1/.@plugins/.myHD/1804/var/lib/dpkg/info/dropbear.postinst
./volume1/.@plugins/.myHD/1804/var/lib/dpkg/info/dropbear.list
./volume1/.@plugins/.myHD/1804/var/lib/dpkg/info/dropbear.postrm
root@AS5202T-1187:/ #

Return to “Kodi”