Kodi 17.4/17.5 final release in App central ?

Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub \

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

thydney1970
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Kodi 17.4/17.5 final release in App central ?

Post by thydney1970 »

Since a longer time Kodi 17.4 is available on the official homepage and since a short time Kodi v17.5 "Krypton" too. The latest version in app central is still Kodi 17.3 RC2 and that's why I would like to know when the new, current version 17.5 will be officially released by Asustor and when it will be available in app central?

If no official releases in app central are planned by Asustor, is there a possibility to install/update Kodi manually to latest version ? If so, is there a tutorial existing somewhere for installing/updating it on a NAS ?

Your information or support is highly appreciated and I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you very much and kind regards

thydney1970
TinCanFury

Re: Kodi 17.4/17.5 final release in App central ?

Post by TinCanFury »

17.6 the final 17 revision has been released. That said, Asustor has never been good at keeping Kodi up to date. I would expect Kodi 17.6 to be supported in around 6-12 months.
thydney1970

Post by thydney1970 »

can you explain me please how I can make the update to current kodi 17.6. manually ? I haven't figured it out until today and your support therefore would be helpful.

will I be able afterwards to update to an asustor official release of version 18 or so too?
RMerlin

Post by RMerlin »

You can't download and update it yourself. You'd have to download the Kodi source code, obtain all the patches from Asustor specific to ADM and their X environment, get their toolchain, and compile everything yourself.

AFAIK, they provide the toolchain, but not their patches, so building your own package would require a lot of work.

So basically, you have to be a software developer to "roll your own".
RMerlin

Post by RMerlin »

Kodi 17.6 appeared a few days ago on Apps Central. Working fine for me so far after a day.

Return to “Kodi”