Kodi 17.3 stuttering

Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub \
Hyena
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Kodi 17.3 stuttering

Post by Hyena »

Since i using the latest Kodi 17.3 sometimes i used to get stuttering when i watching any kind of movies (HD or SD doesn't matter) with my AS5104T.
With the Kodi 16 i never exprerienced anyting like this.
I tried to completly reinstall the Kodi, changed the Vsync options, changed the rendering, deinterlacing method, even i done the firmware update to ADM beta 5 but the problem still exists.
Maybe its connected to the HW acceleration (Vaapi) and we need a new x.org or i don't know.
Anybody else have the same issue, any idea how to fix it?
Please help!
father.mande

Re: Kodi 17.3 stuttering

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

1 post the problem to Asustor helpdesk
2 provide full version (ADM, Xorg, etc.)
3 for some advice here ... provide syslog and kodi log for analyzing if somethings is visible inside (don't forget to provide FULL kodi debug (use system menu ... but also, in same menu, check ALL or a maximum of debug target ... )
if you don't have a specific idea of the reason

Philippe.
Last edited by father.mande on Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Thanks for the advice.
Fortunately i got a good help from them and together we can solve the issue.

"KODI will depends on these app "xorg", "remote-center", "asustor portal" , please uninstall these 3 apps altogether ,
and then install asustor portal from ADM\App Central \Beta Apps first, and then xorg, and remote-center. try again."

After the reinstall the kodi works again properly :D
father.mande wrote:Hi,

1 post the problem to Asustor helpdesk
2 provide full version (ADM, Xorg, etc.)
3 for some advice here ... provide syslog and kodi log for analyzing if somethings is visible inside (don't forget to provide FULL kodi backup (use system menu ... but also, in same menu, check ALL or a maximum of debug target ... )
if you don't have a specific idea of the reason

Philippe.
Maerlin

Post by Maerlin »

Edit: I didn't try the fix above yet, some I'll give it a shot...
Edit 2: Finally playing the problematic file again, it runs properly with HW decoding. I think the problem was due to Plex transcoding at the same time in background. Perhaps only 1 file can be HW accelerated on the same time, not several. Anyway problem solved.

I'm experiencing similar issue.
Seems to be related to Kodi defaulting to SW rendering instead of HW.

Perhaps codec related. A movie with codec ID V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC gets SW decoding in Kodi while codec ID avc1 gets HW decoding (both are 1080p 23.976 FPS).
Plex gets HW decoding for both.

Unfortunately I do not have time to provide more logs for now, will try later.

Return to “Kodi”