[Kodi 18.9] Support ASUSTOR x86-64 models for ADM 4.0

Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub \

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

maineiac13
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [Kodi 18.9] Support ASUSTOR x86-64 models for ADM 4.0

Post by maineiac13 »

chris.e wrote:https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342012&page=2

I might have to try version 19. No idea how I'll get that working yet.

I have installed version 19 successfully using MyHD - see: https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=12393
chris.e

Post by chris.e »

Yes, thank you. I've been able to get that working. It doesn't work with my Asustor remote though. Anyone else had that problem?

(even after enabling remote control)
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
chris.e wrote:Yes, thank you. I've been able to get that working. It doesn't work with my Asustor remote though. Anyone else had that problem?
Asustor remote control is closed to Asustor and no technical information is done :
... no driver using standard rc device
... no information in real hardware use (in fact it's a chip also closed without tech. info)
... no possibility to used tools to manage the remote.

So at this time the solution is :
... use another remote tools based on smatrphone or remote PC or tablet
... on smartphone it's Kore (specfic remote for Kodi), but for more application use droidmote (APKG server is available on AppCentral) or home control remote (need only a ssh connection)
... on PC, Linux, MAC , smatrtphone, etc. use VNC client with Xvnc_server APKG (AppCentral)
... in myHD Idesk (Asportal replacement) it's also possible to use mouse and keyboard from another PC using barrier for ex. and if an USB I.R. receiver (MCE receiver) is avaialble, it's possible to integrate them even whith the Asustor R.C., but for now it's difficult to get this kind of hardware.
... at end the last solution is to use any wireless keyboard/mouse to get( easily access to Kodi (and all Asportal) even smallest ... ex. RII I8 mini

If a day (I have already ask for this information) it's possible to get a driver for the Asustor I.R. receiver, after it's not a big job to use it ... but it's 100% an Asustor response.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
maineiac13

Post by maineiac13 »

chris.e wrote:Yes, thank you. I've been able to get that working. It doesn't work with my Asustor remote though. Anyone else had that problem?

I used a VRC-1100 remote control which I then mapped into my Harmony remote so I could use just one remote for many activities. I had done this long before switching to myHD and Kodi 19 and it worked fine both before and after. I think you can find those remotes on eBay.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
maineiac13 wrote:
I used a VRC-1100 remote control which I then mapped into my Harmony remote so I could use just one remote for many activities. I had done this long before switching to myHD and Kodi 19 and it worked fine both before and after. I think you can find those remotes on eBay.
Good news, I will check :D , thanks for the information.
Q? did you use the IR receiver in the NAS or the IR provide with the VRC ?, my problem is more with the internal IR than I can use and work USB external IT receiver.

Philippe.
NB if I get another remote control able to work, I think possible to understand the problem ... perhaps.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
maineiac13

Post by maineiac13 »

father.mande wrote:Hi,
maineiac13 wrote:
Good news, I will check :D , thanks for the information.
Q? did you use the IR receiver in the NAS or the IR provide with the VRC ?.
I use the one that came with the VRC-1100.

Ken
and123ro

Post by and123ro »

Hello, How you make it work? Using myhd? Or via some settings?
Thanx!
and123ro

Post by and123ro »

chris.e wrote:What file system are you using. I'm using btrfs and I'm tempted to reformat ext4 incase it's the disk read/writes using a brief interrupt.
I m using ext4 an all drives so no solutions with that!
Xsen

Post by Xsen »

Hi everyone!

I'm currently using Asustor 5202T NAS for storing and watching video. It is connected to the HDMI ARC input of a Sony TV (KD-55X8507C model, 2015). The TV is connected to a receiver via a toslink optical channel, however there's no multichannel audio. The reciever gets stereo audio in 48kHz only.

I run ADM 4.0.5.RRS1, Kodi version is 18.9, Patrick's build for NAS. Kodi has the audio pass-through enabled.

What could be the problem in this setup?
ZeRoCuL

Post by ZeRoCuL »

Hi friends, First of all excuse my bad English, I'm using Google Translate. since I did the update 4.0 and Kodi I am having problems with the visualization (I have my NAS connected by hdmi on my smart tv), they give me small jerks in the image, they are quite annoying ... Before the update I was doing perfectly ... I have seen that in the settings of Kodi in system information I see that the CPU is going up and down a lot between 85% and 97% is working a lot and I think that is the problem, but my question is ... How do I solve it?

My NAS Model is Nimbustor AS5202T.

Thank you

Best regards

Return to “Kodi”