No PVR add-ons

Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub \

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Caesar-NL
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

No PVR add-ons

Post by Caesar-NL »

Kodi keeps complaining that I haven't set up a PVR yet. So I wanted to set up IPTV in Kodi. I figured out how to do it, but Kodi simply doesn't offer me any PVR module in its repository. And then I found that the Kodi distribution for Ubuntu is the only Kodi distribution without the bundle of PVR add-ons.

In 'real' Ubuntu it is possible to install it with the command sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-iptvsimple, but that doesn't work here as far as I can determine.

Can it be installed, or can it only be installed if it is included in the myHD package?
father.mande

Re: No PVR add-ons

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

In myHD : ALL PVR can be installed as well using apt-get as in ALL Ubuntu delivery
... this MUST be done using myHD_root to enter as root in myHD before running it
... you MUST be sure to have all updated (apt-get update; apt-get -y dist-upgrade)
... you MUST check the exact name
... remember that installing module don't activate it ... so go to extension menu in Kodi and enable it (and configure it after as usual)
... AT END it's ALWAYS possible to install ANY modules (including PVR) using a local zip file ...

Here after ... the search for name and the install of iptv extension

Code: Select all

# myHD_root
root@AS5002TAPHIL:~# apt-cache search kodi | grep pvr | grep -v dbg
kodi-pvr-argustv - ArgusTV PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-demo - Demo PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-dvblink - DVBLink PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-dvbviewer - DVBViewer PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-filmon - FilmOn PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-freebox - Freebox TV PVR addon for Kodi
kodi-pvr-hdhomerun - HDHomeRun PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-hts - TVHeadEnd PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-iptvsimple - Simple IPTV PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-mediaportal-tvserver - MediaPortal PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-mythtv - MythTV PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-nextpvr - NextPVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-njoy - NJOY PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-octonet - Digital Devices Octopus NET PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-pctv - PCTV PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-sledovanitv-cz - sledovanitv.cz PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-stalker - Stalker PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-teleboy - Teleboy PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts - transitional dummy package
kodi-pvr-vbox - VBox Home TV Gateway PVR client for Kodi
kodi-pvr-vdr-vnsi - VDR PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-vuplus - Vu+ PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-wmc - WMC PVR for Kodi
kodi-pvr-zattoo - Zattoo PVR for Kodi
root@AS5002TAPHIL:~# apt-get install kodi-pvr-iptvsimple
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  kodi-pvr-iptvsimple
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 16 not upgraded.
Need to get 134 kB of archives.
After this operation, 490 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly/ubuntu bionic/main amd64 kodi-pvr-iptvsimple amd64 4.0.2-1~bionic [134 kB]
Fetched 134 kB in 1s (106 kB/s)
debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
Selecting previously unselected package kodi-pvr-iptvsimple.
(Reading database ... 41685 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../kodi-pvr-iptvsimple_4.0.2-1~bionic_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking kodi-pvr-iptvsimple (4.0.2-1~bionic) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ...
Setting up kodi-pvr-iptvsimple (4.0.2-1~bionic) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ...
root@AS5002TAPHIL:~#
Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Caesar-NL

Post by Caesar-NL »

Thanks Philippe.

I did the update, and I got Kodi 18.3. That's good, since that is the current version. Of course I did a myHD restart after all updates.

However, now I have no audio what so ever. In the Kodi Audio settings I see a small red speaker with an x in the right upper corner, and whatever audio configuration I try, it doesn't go away.

I've also installed the IPTV extension, but Kodi can't find it. It asks to install a PVR, and when I click to install one, it can't find it.

Dirk
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Caesar-NL wrote:Thanks Philippe.
I did the update, and I got Kodi 18.3. That's good, since that is the current version. Of course I did a myHD restart after all updates.
However, now I have no audio what so ever. In the Kodi Audio settings I see a small red speaker with an x in the right upper corner, and whatever audio configuration I try, it doesn't go away.
I've also installed the IPTV extension, but Kodi can't find it. It asks to install a PVR, and when I click to install one, it can't find it.
Dirk
Red speaker x = sound level at zero ... change it or use + to increase sound ...

don't understand, can you explain more about PVR install ???
... I use Kodi19, so I am not exactly in the same case.

Philippe.
Caesar-NL

Post by Caesar-NL »

Hi Philippe,

it was indeed the volume control that caused the lack of sound. That is rather odd really, since the audio was set to pass-through mode, meaning that the volume control is bypassed. I only had to touch the volume control slightly, and I had sound.

The IPTV is running now, more or less. After installing and configuring IPTV, you have to restart Kodi to get it running. Now I have to find a proper m3u list of TV stations, and that is a pain.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Caesar-NL wrote:Hi Philippe,
it was indeed the volume control that caused the lack of sound. That is rather odd really, since the audio was set to pass-through mode, meaning that the volume control is bypassed. I only had to touch the volume control slightly, and I had sound.
The IPTV is running now, more or less. After installing and configuring IPTV, you have to restart Kodi to get it running. Now I have to find a proper m3u list of TV stations, and that is a pain.
The situation is a little complex for sound ... due to the total lack of information about : how Asustor manage sound in Asportal ... now a new asportal setting is available to be able to select HDMI or SPDIF
... when you manage to use Kodi pass-through audio ... the execution is done by the kernel driver part under Asustor responsibility., I suppose (but just a supposition) that a sort of mute is done when getting full control on sound card ... and no idea when you free it ...
In Asutor part (asportal) no pulseaudio some ALSA are available under Xorg ??? ... so ... ...

For lot of complex binary add-ons it's always better (even necessary) to restart Kodi to gain full control on it ... (generally due to new libraries not know when Kodi is loading)
for m3u list ... no idea of real working list and I think it's regional ...

Philippe.
Caesar-NL

Post by Caesar-NL »

The Asustor audio volume settings are indeed rather mystical.

Asusportal offers the Chrome and the Chromium browser (why two very similar browsers???), and their YouTube 'app' is nothing more than a link that opens in Chromium. At present the audio volume of these browsers is very low. I have added the Master Volume extension to these browsers, and when you open this extension, you will see that the volume setting is very low. Increasing it to about 200% will get you a proper volume level.

I open YouTube in the normal way in Chrome, I like it much more then the TV presentation of the YouTube 'app'.
pierremillien

Post by pierremillien »

Bonjour à tous,

J'ai réinstallé KODI v 18.7 de Patrick semaine passée suite à un bug de mon NAS. Tout semble rentré dans l'ordre maintenant.
Seul manquement actuellement sont les addons PVR dans mon KODI. Je souhaites utiliser htsp Tvheadend client pour la tété, seulement dans la liste des addons il n'y a aucun PVR de disponible. est ce une limitation ou blocage quelque part de cet APK ?

En théorie, dans la liste des Addon, voir photo en pièce jointe, il devrait y avoir une catégorie PVR non - ou Client Enregistreur Video ?
Attachments
IMG_5928.jpeg
IMG_5928.jpeg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 5312 times
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Bonjour, Hi,

Si vous souhaitez des réponses ... écrivez (ou faites traduire par Google) en Anglais.
If you want some responses, please use Engliahs.

Les PVR font partie des addons compilés et non des addons scriptés (generalement en Python)
PVR are part of compiled addons not based on script like python

Les addons compilés devraient être fourni avec l'executable de Kodi, la liste est dans lib/addons de Kodi (je ne sais pas pour cet APKG)
Compiled addons normally are provide WITH the kodi binary in lib/addons

Sinon , la solution est de les compiler soi même, a partir des sources de la même version de kodi.
If not, the solution is to get the source and do it your self using the same source as your actual kodi

At end, Kodi 18 is now a "previous" version ... stable is Kodi19, so some addons repository are for this version (19) ... you can try to search other repository for Kodi 18.
Enfin, Kodi 18 est maintenant la version précedente ... 19 est la version stable, donc parfois il faut changer de repository.

... Je n'utilise pas cet APKG ... mais myHD qui basé sur Ubuntu 18.04 (next 20.04) qui utilise donc le package manager (apt) de Ubuntu pour installer Kodi (19 par ex.) ET fournis tous les addons compilés a installer à la demande. De plus ceci permet une mise à jour facile car non lié a un nouvel APKG.
... I don't use this APKG ... but myHD based on Ubuntu ... and kodi (19 for ex.) can be installed using the package manager of Ubuntu (apt) ... all the compiled addons are also provide to be installed on demand. Also update (security, librairies or kodi) can be done immediately without the need to wait for a new version of the APKG.

Philippe.
pierremillien

Post by pierremillien »

thanks a lot for the reply and your suggestions.
I would like to keep my installation as it is. I checked the MyHD app, but seems way complex to implement.

What I would like to find as answer is there is something known about the fact that KODI /addon xml file or list or I really do not know how and where that file is located inside the Kodi structure could be updated or checked. I am thinking that something is note update properly in the actual database of my Kodi apk.

Thanks to all to your support

Return to “Kodi”