[Kodi 18.9] Support ASUSTOR x86-64 models for ADM 4.0

Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub \

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

grantyboy
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [Kodi 18.9] Support ASUSTOR x86-64 models for ADM 4.0

Post by grantyboy »

ZeRoCuL wrote:Hi friends, First of all excuse my bad English, I'm using Google Translate. since I did the update 4.0 and Kodi I am having problems with the visualization (I have my NAS connected by hdmi on my smart tv), they give me small jerks in the image, they are quite annoying ... Before the update I was doing perfectly ... I have seen that in the settings of Kodi in system information I see that the CPU is going up and down a lot between 85% and 97% is working a lot and I think that is the problem, but my question is ... How do I solve it?

My NAS Model is Nimbustor AS5202T.

Thank you

Best regards
Same issue here. When connected by HDMI to TV I get a lot of very small stutters especially when there is a lot of motion in the scene (E.g. when panning). I've reset and tinkered with various video settings (Adjust refresh rate, hardware acceleration, etc) but the problem persists. When I stream from NAS to a PC the video works fine which makes me think it's something to do with the Kodi player and settings.

Really appreciate the ongoing updates and packages to allow us to use Kodi. Much appreciated.
ZeRoCuL

Post by ZeRoCuL »

grantyboy wrote:
ZeRoCuL wrote:Hi friends, First of all excuse my bad English, I'm using Google Translate. since I did the update 4.0 and Kodi I am having problems with the visualization (I have my NAS connected by hdmi on my smart tv), they give me small jerks in the image, they are quite annoying ... Before the update I was doing perfectly ... I have seen that in the settings of Kodi in system information I see that the CPU is going up and down a lot between 85% and 97% is working a lot and I think that is the problem, but my question is ... How do I solve it?

My NAS Model is Nimbustor AS5202T.

Thank you

Best regards
Same issue here. When connected by HDMI to TV I get a lot of very small stutters especially when there is a lot of motion in the scene (E.g. when panning). I've reset and tinkered with various video settings (Adjust refresh rate, hardware acceleration, etc) but the problem persists. When I stream from NAS to a PC the video works fine which makes me think it's something to do with the Kodi player and settings.

Really appreciate the ongoing updates and packages to allow us to use Kodi. Much appreciated.
I was worried, I thought that only I had this problem. But I see that nobody helps in this forum, nobody says anything, it is very advanced ... it is a pity and a frustration. Hopefully a new version of Kodi will come out soon and fix it.
docmarc

Post by docmarc »

@zerocul @grantyboy
Kodi n’est pas une appli officielle asustor et cette version est une version temporaire, il faut faire avec !
Si tu veux une version complète prend la solution de Father Mande https://forum.asustor.com/viewforum.php?f=227 a utilisé avec Docker, et tes plaintes ne vont pas encourager Patrick à se replonger dans l'adaptation de Kodi sur ADM 4

@zerocul @grantyboy
Kodi is not an official asustor app and this version is a temporary one, you have to deal with it!
If you want a full version take Father Mande's solution https://forum.asustor.com/viewforum.php?f=227 used with Docker, and your complaints will not encourage Patrick to start again in the adaptation of Kodi on ADM 4
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi docmark,

F.Y.I. it's not docker ... just a namespace ... a Linux standard (integrated set of commands also in A.D.M.) without any added environment, like docker or L.X.C. :D
My target is to be as smallest as possible and not requiring added software to A.D.M. and to be nearest as possible with similar user interface (even I am a poor lonesome user :mrgreen: :roll: compare to Asustor dev. and others like Docker or L.X.C. group) ... but clearly, Docker or L.X.C. can be used also.
Greatest advantage of Linux is to have multiple solutions for a same problem. :lol:

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
docmarc

Post by docmarc »

father.mande wrote:Hi docmark,

F.Y.I. it's not docker ... just a namespace ... a Linux standard (integrated set of commands also in A.D.M.) without any added environment, like docker or L.X.C. :D
My target is to be as smallest as possible and not requiring added software to A.D.M. and to be nearest as possible with similar user interface (even I am a poor lonesome user :mrgreen: :roll: compare to Asustor dev. and others like Docker or L.X.C. group) ... but clearly, Docker or L.X.C. can be used also.
Greatest advantage of Linux is to have multiple solutions for a same problem. :lol:

Philippe.
ok sorry
[SK]peter

Post by [SK]peter »

Initially this KODI in ADM 4.0 worked fine but after another ADM update I am also experiencing "small stutters especially when there is a lot of motion in the scene" like colleagues experienced.

Any solution? what about to downgrade to 3.5?
ZeRoCuL

Post by ZeRoCuL »

[SK]peter wrote:Initially this KODI in ADM 4.0 worked fine but after another ADM update I am also experiencing "small stutters especially when there is a lot of motion in the scene" like colleagues experienced.

Any solution? what about to downgrade to 3.5?

I still do not solve it and without anyone who knows how to solve it. Please, if you solve it, let me know, I will do the same.

Thanks

Greetings and happy new year
Vger01

Post by Vger01 »

:D :) ;) :D
Last edited by Vger01 on Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[SK]peter

Post by [SK]peter »

Untill there is no solution for KODI my walkaround is PLEX and i am really supprised how it works well.

I was able to setup the Plex server in Asustor, add movie library and the login in Smart TV app. Video quality and sound is perfect = equal to KODI. Also Pleax sound is in 5.1 :D My setup: Asustor + LG TV + Samsung Soundabar 5.1

Guide:
https://www.asustor.com/online/College_topic?topic=235
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

giorre wrote:Source type "SMB" disappeared.
Unable to add a new Windows smb source.
Does it happen to you too?
Tank's,
Giorgio
Всем привет. Использую ASUSTOR AS6404T, до обновления ADM до версии 4.0 стоял kodi 17.6, после обновления Kodi перестал работать, сверху установил Коди 18.9 и все заработало, настраивать ничего не пришлось,
звук AC3 (5.1) работает. Спасибо огромное тем кто поддерживает его работоспособность.

Return to “Kodi”